TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Moderation: Please remember that according to current rules, spoilers even under spoiler tags are not allowed until the movie's release. 

Also lets focus on this movie in this thread rather than fighting over Jojo Rabbit and its themes. It has its own thread if you guys wish to discuss it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Like what? You’re upset the movies for kids? What is he trying to get at here?

Honestly some of these critics are so far up their own ass. 
Let’s be real MCU movies are what they are but the arrogance towards them now is just…

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Question: how many of these reactions are from RT verified critics and how many are from fans? I’m far more curious about the former than the latter.

Trick question, there’s no difference 

Spoiler

Any “fan” getting early screenings who’s been too lazy to get verified is No True Fan™️

42 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Like what? You’re upset the movies for kids? What is he trying to get at here?

Honestly some of these critics are so far up their own ass. 
Let’s be real MCU movies are what they are but the arrogance towards them now is just…

I'd interperet that tweet as 'this film is for kids and that's ok'. So you agree with him.

18 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'd interperet that tweet as 'this film is for kids and that's ok'. So you agree with him.

I will say - it is weird to make a rom com for kids.  Not usually the target audience for rom coms.  So, I saw the tweet as more saying the movie is juvenile humor (aka, what the Minions is) vs being a movie for kids...

31 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Honestly whatever way you interpret it, there is a group of critics who just have no time for the MCU anymore and just say any old shit.

Not that I disagree with that, I think Marvel fatigue is becoming a thing. The overload of mediocre content since Endgame is real.

It’s just I think discourse of the MCU has become more toxic in recent times. I think Marvel just needs to take a break but instead it’s doubling down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exomassey said:

Honestly whatever way you interpret it, there is a group of critics who just have no time for the MCU anymore and just say any old shit.

Not that I disagree with that, I think Marvel fatigue is becoming a thing. The overload of mediocre content since Endgame is real.

It’s just I think discourse of the MCU has become more toxic in recent times. I think Marvel just needs to take a break but instead it’s doubling down. 

would disney actually allow that since mcu is only thing earning them money and keeping them subscribers

1 hour ago, exomassey said:

The discourse of everything has gotten more toxic in recent times. The nature of Twitter obliterates nuance, and the angrier and more outrageous your take, the more you're rewarded. I deleted my account several years ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Can't wait for L&T!

Guys take a chill pill. Everytime I come to this thread in hope of something informative, there is same randi rona on a few average or negative reaction, and then there is a comment pointing that positive reactions are more. 

At the end of day what matter is how you like a film. There is no point in discussing reaction of individual we know nothing of. Atleast RT scores discussion are understandable as there is some numerics attached to them. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 8

Those reactions seem kind of mixed to me, like Lightyear. That, combined with presales slowing down quite a bit recently, have my opening weekend prediction downgraded to $110M+. Slightly below Ragnarok. It should at least have more staying power than Doctor Strange 2 as it seems a lot less divisive than that.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Have we ever gotten this many twitter reactions? 

At this point i think it's the movie with more reactions i've ever seen 

The good part is that the sample is so big this time that we have a big variety of people and opinions, like happens with reviews themselves. I'm finding better than just the usual premiere reactions.

Sadly like mr Jatinder said, there always some people coming here and picking a few negatives to make a big deal about it, but that always happen so better to just ignore at this point.