TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

In probably not watching this anymore until it comes to D+. My friends want to watch this in the IMAX at AMC and I'm not spending $23 on this. Going with friends was pretty much the only reason I was going to watch this (like with every recent MCU movie except Dr Strange) barring really good reviews.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

MCU haters are so annoying, they have no other personality

Like it's fine to be critical or cynical, I certainly am, but people like him are obsessed with the MCU and think that's endearing

Sometimes i think people keep expressing how much they dismiss popular things just to perform the "i'm an interesting person with higher taste than average people" skill. 

46 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I thought the movie was pretty bad, but I've definitely seen worse in the past decade.

Plenty of movies this year are worse even imo. This is just a low tier MCU movie along the lines of Iron Man 2 imo. 

also the film twitter people claiming they never liked Taika… I would never have even heard of WWDITS back in 2014 if those same people weren’t nonstop raving about it lol. Just admit that he’s in a bit of a creative slump. 

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 9:17 AM, SpiderByte said:

Really? A five percent gap? That's the MCU downfall?

No? But that 5 point "gap" basically is saying that you'd expect it to get a B+ cinemascore instead of an A-. 

The real penalty here is likely more the reduced chance that this reflects a film audiences "truly" universally love (A/A+) than parsing B+ v A- cinemascore importance.  

6 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

I thought the movie was pretty bad, but I've definitely seen worse in the past decade.

Yeah, it's like a C or C+

An F would be one of the worst of the last decade. It's heavily flawed, but not an F movie. 

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Taika needs to step away from Star Wars and lay low for a bit. Hang out in TV. Then try to make another lowkey crowdpleaser he did pre-Ragnarok. It seems like Next Goal Wins will be dumped next year, so it's better to regroup

They're saving it for next year because of reshoots and needing to perfect the edit. Next Goal Wins could easily win him back some of that adoration. 

8 minutes ago, Driver said:

They're saving it for next year because of reshoots and needing to perfect the edit. Next Goal Wins could easily win him back some of that adoration. 

It's already been reshot and edited. If it was good, it would have been out for awards season and the World Cup this fall