TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

36 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Dunno if you really need that /s

It was half joke, half serious, Marvel has been at full power marketing Moon Knight these last two weeks, pretty much releasing something new everyday.

Compared to Hawkeye marketing which was lackluster as hell lol.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

They just released new commercial with tons of new scenes for Moon Knight.

I think we should get a trailer once this damn TV show finally drops. 

That still cuts it close with the second trailer if we don't get a first trailer til april/may when are we getting the second

They've been able to market multiple movies at once. They did that with Black Panther/Infinity War, Captain Marvel/Endgame (and Far From Home), Black Widow/Shang-Chi/Eternals, etc. If they waited until the previous one is out, they wouldn't push out teasers or trailers until a month or two before the movie.

The idea that they are waiting until Strange2 is just plain silly and sounds like people don't understand how things work. Good thing nobody here is proposing that. Fantastic Beasts is too late and has no correlation. Morbius maybe, but movies are not used to first show teasers.

But a teaser within the next week and a half followed by a full trailer between mid-May and early-June works. It's a little tighter than usual MCU films, but it does its job.

I suspect that right after Ms. Marvel ends (early July?) which is around the premier for Thor LAT, we'll see our first teaser for The Marvels.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm not sure why we're all still so dead set that Marvel's marketing is magically going to be different when there has been zilch evidence Disney/Marvel would ever change their marketing tactics. It just feels like people are getting their hopes up.

inb4 I get "haha" for daring to suggest something that might or might not happen

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I mean they are either changing their marketing strategy FOR Thor or they are moving it, there is no other way around.

This week had Moon knight debut, next week Dr Strange special look and tickets, ofc they can market more than one thing at the time but with Thor is getting too weird, maybe it will get just one trailer unlike the usual two.

• Thanks 1

Either way you slice it, the marketing for this film will be the most truncated of any MCU film to date. I'm not expecting it to move. 

I'm fine with a shorter marketing window.  It's not like people will be less interested on day 60 than they were done day 110. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Yeah I'm not sure why we're all still so dead set that Marvel's marketing is magically going to be different

I think the reason that people are suggesting this is probably that it is observably true. I mean, just spitballing.

In some ways, I'd say this week could tell us something about MCU's plan for the next year. Not a LOT as things are constantly in motion (look at WB). But if there's no trailer for Thor this week, it will likely be moving. Maybe it will move to September (probably not with something as big as Thor). Maybe it will move to November. They really should be announcing a move VERY soon if it is. If it does move to November, it puts all the other movies in a weird sort of position. If it happens, I don't think anyone can really take the current release schedule seriously at all. That includes Marvels (wrapped in November), Ant-man (also wrapped in November), obviously BP2 (just wrapped this week), and GOTG3 (still filming).

But I think more than just figuring out when a teaser will come, people want to know whether this movie will come on the scheduled July date. It's not like they are going to tell us in May that the movie is being moved.

But eh, Lord Feige has a plan!

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

That still cuts it close with the second trailer if we don't get a first trailer til april/may when are we getting the second

At this rate we’ll get first trailer in april and second one in June.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Ah shit, quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the post that mentioned about release date shifting to Labor Day wknd

Ah, okay, that makes much more sense. I think matching the OW could be possible, but would leg much worse.    

Mostly I just want that Sep record 😛 

• Like 1

Crazy-this movie wrapped principle on June 1 of last year. It doesn't make sense for them to just now decide to delay it after 8 months of post-production.

Personally, I think Labor Day would be horrible. But then again, we don't have much Labor Day history to go by. The mid-week numbers would not be good. 

But dang if they can't get this movie out a year and a month after initial principle finished, what does that say for the other movies in production? I'd say BP: WF might end up being released in November, 2023. 

• Haha 1