TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

On 3/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, AnDr3s said:

the spanish speaking community hates raganrok way more the english one i guess

Probably because the humour and witty one liners dont have the same effect when they are dubbed by crappy voice actors. Imagine any other voice other than Taika playing Korg, it would suck

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

I guess it have something to do with the excess of things to promote at this point, because everything marketing wise are being released very late.

From last November to July they have: Hawkeye - NWH - Moon Knight - DS2 - Ms Marvel - Thor 4, it´s too many things to handle at the same time.

Ms Marvel drops exactly one month before Thor 4 and get it´s first trailer last week, just 2 and half months before the premiere. At this point i wouldn´t be surprised if that rumour that the trailer will be released along with DS2 ended up being true. 

Ms Marvel is a series though. This is a big summer tentpole releasing in prime July spot. I mean even NWH didn't have its marketing started this late....

Gonna come right out and say that if the teaser isn't released THIS week, the movie is getting a major delay (to November).

3 months would be unprecedented. That would be "Dark Tower" territory.

November, 2022-Thor Love and Thunder

February, 2023-The Marvels

May, 2023-Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

July, 2023: Guardians of the Galaxy 3

November, 2023: Ant Man Quantumania

February: 2024: Blade

May, 2024: Captain America 4

July, 2024: Fantastic Four

November, 2024: Shang Chi 2 or X-Men Reboot

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Thinking about it, Secrets of Dumbledore didn't release their first teaser (and poster) until three and a half months from international release (four months for US release).

This isn't completely unprecedented in today's box office climate, but I genuinely believe most signs are pointing to a delay.

6 hours ago, jedijake said:

Gonna come right out and say that if the teaser isn't released THIS week, the movie is getting a major delay (to November).

3 months would be unprecedented. That would be "Dark Tower" territory.

November, 2022-Thor Love and Thunder

February, 2023-The Marvels

May, 2023-Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

July, 2023: Guardians of the Galaxy 3

November, 2023: Ant Man Quantumania

February: 2024: Blade

May, 2024: Captain America 4

July, 2024: Fantastic Four

November, 2024: Shang Chi 2 or X-Men Reboot

Assuming the delay happens, that means 4 movies per year will become the norm; combined with however many shows they have planned (5 in 2021, 6 in 2022 counting 2 specials), can audiences stomach that? I know 2021 wasn't the best year to test that cause of covid, the fact that the other 3 movies were pretty dull, and also the fact that the last movie of the year was the biggest non avengers mcu movie yet

Isn't marvel asking too much of audiences?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

If this moves... July is gonna look pretty bleak. What's funny is that would've been a great date for The Batman lol but I guess the gross probably wouldn't have been that different domestically but could've helped overseas. 

You move 4 superhero movies (counting Tom Cruise as one and assuming BP2 moves) and that "all time great year for blockbusters" (as some called it) barely looks above average; we really need more non-superhero blockbusters

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Next Tuesday (March 29) is exactly 100 days. Maybe they are waiting for it to be 100 days.

Not sure why they would. Just spitballing.

Btw, on the topic of Black Panther 2, with all the delays and unfortunate events, they STILL never delayed it a year after its original release date. So I am VERY surprised it was only moved 6 months past its original date. 

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

If this moves... July is gonna look pretty bleak. What's funny is that would've been a great date for The Batman lol but I guess the gross probably wouldn't have been that different domestically but could've helped overseas. 

July has Nope, Bullet Train which can surprise, and Minions. 

Where the Crawdads Sing is counterprogramming for women. Super Pets will be for kids. And June releases like Elvis can still be hanging on.

Much better than August

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

July has Nope, Bullet Train which can surprise, and Minions. 

Where the Crawdads Sing is counterprogramming for women. Super Pets will be for kids. And June releases like Elvis can still be hanging on.

Much better than August

That’s still going to be a very weak July. August will suck but that is par for the course, July up is usually huge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

That’s still going to be a very weak July. August will suck but that is par for the course, July up is usually huge.

If Thor is bumped, I'm sure something moves to July. Yeah, a MCU deficit is tough to overcome but someone will take advantage of 8th or 15th. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

If Thor is bumped, I'm sure something moves to July. Yeah, a MCU deficit is tough to overcome but someone will take advantage of 8th or 15th. 

True.

Move black Adam back 👀

This summer looks kind of low on surefire bets as it is (an order of Doctor Strange/Top Gun/Jurassic World/Lightyear will be the top 4 for the first half) so losing this would definitely be a bit of a blow, although it would allow the other July movies more breathing room. Which seems to be the norm for a box office environment that's still recovering from a pandemic that has caused a major backlog in production.

Currently.

MAY: 

6th: Doctor Strange

13th: Firestarter (Peacock)

20th: Downton Abbey. Men.

27th: Bob's Burgers. Top Gun.

JUNE:

3rd: Watcher

10th: Jurassic World

17th: Lightyear

24th: The Black Phone. Elvis

29th: Shotgun Wedding.

JULY

1st: Minions

8th: Thor

15th: Mrs. Harris (limited?). Where the Crawdads Sing. 

22nd: Nope. Paws of Fury

29th: Bullet Train. Superpets.

Then August is the worst it's been in quite sometime. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, filmlover said:

This summer looks kind of low on surefire bets as it is (an order of Doctor Strange/Top Gun/Jurassic World/Lightyear will be the top 4 for the first half) so losing this would definitely be a bit of a blow, although it would allow the other July movies more breathing room. Which seems to be the norm for a box office environment that's still recovering from a pandemic that has caused a major backlog in production.

And I have to think that this bad inflation is going to eat into people's entertanment budget.

12 minutes ago, YourMother said:

If we don’t get a trailer in time for Morbius I think this is getting pushed back.

My personal deadline is the Oscar ceremony this Sunday. I could totally see Disney try and give the show a shot in the arm by putting the hot new Marvel trailer there. If we don't see it there, then that means the VFX aren't going to be ready in time for July.

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

My personal deadline is the Oscar ceremony this Sunday. I could totally see Disney try and give the show a shot in the arm by putting the hot new Marvel trailer there. If we don't see it there, then that means the VFX aren't going to be ready in time for July.

I don’t think they’d push a Marvel movie with the Oscar ceremony.