TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

If we don’t get a trailer in time for Morbius I think this is getting pushed back.

I'm reluctantly willing to give it until then. I say reluctantly because that's 3 months+1 week. Dark Tower is the only "big" movie (not really big) that had that short of a timespan for first teaser.

My question is whether they want a movie in July or November. Which is more important?

• Disbelief 1

50 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don’t think they’d push a Marvel movie with the Oscar ceremony.

ABC (owned by Disney) is trying to make this year's Oscar more accessible for general audiences, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced the premiere of Thor's trailer at the Oscars.

3 hours ago, Grebacio said:

ABC (owned by Disney) is trying to make this year's Oscar more accessible for general audiences, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced the premiere of Thor's trailer at the Oscars.

I would like to see the trailer, but not enough to sit through the trainwreck the Oscars will be.]

Besides, it will be all over the internet within a hour of when it airs.

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I would like to see the trailer, but not enough to sit through the trainwreck the Oscars will be.]

Besides, it will be all over the internet within a hour of when it airs.

Got that right. I wouldn't force myself to watch 10 minutes of the Oscars for a 15 minute preview of any movie. Heck, not even for the entire movie!

4 hours ago, Grebacio said:

Walt Disney Studios is listed as a sponsor:

Advertisers of this year’s show include proud sponsors Crypto.com; Pfizer; Rolex and Verizon; and participating sponsors: Amazon XCM; Anheuser-Busch (Michelob); Bacardi (Bombay Sapphire); Bank of America; Best Buy; Capital One; CBS Interactive (Paramount +); CNN+; Corona; Discovery+; Disney+; Eli Lilly; Geico; Google; Incyte; Kellogg; Kraft; Lionsgate; Lucid Motors; Macys; Mastercard; Meta; Peacock; Reckitt (Mucinex); Snapchat; State Farm; Stellantis; Subway and Walt Disney Studios, among others.”

source: https://dmedmedia.disney.com/movie-lovers-unite

Also getting something from Lionsgate  and streaming related stuff from Disney+, Paramount+ and Peacock. 

4 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Walt Disney Studios is listed as a sponsor:

Advertisers of this year’s show include. Disney+..."

Also getting something from Lionsgate  and streaming related stuff from Disney+, Paramount+ and Peacock. 

inb4 RETURN OF THE GOATS. :o

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

ib4 RETURN OF THE GOATS. :o

I hope not lol 

We did get a WandaVision trailer with the Emmy’s at one point but I can’t think of anything coming soon that doesn’t already have a trailer so just expecting a highlighting what Disney+ has or has coming soon for their ad spot. 

edit: actually thinking about for a couple of minutes I would guess it was spot showing WSS, Encanto and other nominees and saying they are streaming on Disney+.

Paramount+ might be a shorter version of the trailer they just released for The Offer as the Oscars is likely that demo.

Peacock probably something movie related as well.

Lionsgate might be for the Nic Cage film coming soon.

Edited by Potiki
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Potiki said:

I hope not lol 

We did get a WandaVision trailer with the Emmy’s at one point but I can’t think of anything coming soon that doesn’t already have a trailer so just expecting a highlighting what Disney+ has or has coming soon for their ad spot. 

Well, that's what I was expecting for the Super Bowl, and we all know how that turned out. :lol:

I'd say in ranked order:

1] "Coming Soon" catch-all over all brands (including non-Marvel and SW)

2] General Awareness/"Clever" advert ala 🐐

3] Special promo/sneak peek for Moon Knight

And much more unlikely

4] Something Kenobi or Ms. Marvel, including just re-airing cut down trailers.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Does Marvel even need to bother marketing this before Doctor Strange comes out? Might as well focus their efforts on one movie at a time right now

Marvel doesn’t really need to market anything more than a month or two before release, but people are accustomed to having it happened anyway.

3 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Does Marvel even need to bother marketing this before Doctor Strange comes out? Might as well focus their efforts on one movie at a time right now

There will be a teaser well before May. Every movie needs marketing. Whether Thor 4 breaks all trends we will have to see. But definitely before May.

Everyone I spoke to doesn't even know another Thor movie is even coming.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

6 hours ago, Villain Legion said:

Marvel doesn’t really need to market anything more than a month or two before release, but people are accustomed to having it happened anyway.

There's something very familiar about these posts, but I just can't put my finger on why. YiBe40t.png

Spoiler

Unnecessarily Obligatory Comment:  Marvel is, of course, in a far far far better spot than a certain other franchise was at this time if only from a content pipeline output.

NB:

Am I making this UOC to ward off the eventual/inevitable counterpoints?  Naturally.

Am I also pointing out that it won't matter so I don't look like I am doubting Marvel (and thus in turn protecting SW from the curse that seems to happen whenever I do?  Like, duh, obviously.

Still... Those posts really are familiar. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Is it really that necessary to finish reshoots before cutting a teaser? I can see MAYBE needing to do so before a full trailer (depending on what is needed), but I don't even think that is necessary.

But a teaser? There should be no reason whatsoever that they need to finish reshoots before showing a short teaser or ANYTHING (photos, a tiny 30 second segment, etc.).

Today was my original day where if they didn't have a teaser, they'd be delaying the movie. I was hesitant to kick the goal post to next week. I will give it til March 31 before I say it's guaranteed to move. To what date, I have no idea.

18 hours ago, Porthos said:

There's something very familiar about these posts, but I just can't put my finger on why. YiBe40t.png

Reveal hidden contents

Oh yeah btw, I’m honestly not sure what you’re trying to wink wink at here 😂

I'm still thinking it gets aired during the Oscars as a way to boost declining ratings. It would certainly explain why ABC/Disney wanted the ceremony shortened. And there is precedent for such a thing, since the first trailer for West Side Story was unveiled during last year's show. If it's not there this Sunday, then I find it highly unlikely it makes it to July. 

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm still thinking it gets aired during the Oscars as a way to boost declining ratings. It would certainly explain why ABC/Disney wanted the ceremony shortened. And there is precedent for such a thing, since the first trailer for West Side Story was unveiled during last year's show. If it's not there this Sunday, then I find it highly unlikely it makes it to July. 

Could they simply be waiting until after Moon Knight airs? (that would mean next Thursday or Friday)