TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

1 minute ago, Cap said:

two, I still think they should just released the movie without a trailer! They’re Marvel! You don’t need footage.

Such a fun idea that I am willing to sacrifice the 200M open for the cause.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

first teaser trailer to US release date

Shang-Chi - 138 days 

Eternals - 166 days 

Spider-Man: No Way Home - 116 days

Doctor Strange - 134 day

Thor: Love and Thunder

today - 121 days

March 14 Monday - 116 days

------------------------------------------------

Critic's Choice Awards is on March 13. maybe..?

3 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

first teaser trailer to US release date

Shang-Chi - 138 days 

Eternals - 166 days 

Spider-Man: No Way Home - 116 days

Doctor Strange - 134 day

Thor: Love and Thunder

today - 121 days

March 14 Monday - 116 days

------------------------------------------------

Critic's Choice Awards is on March 13. maybe..?

Recently disney is releasing trailers on mondays, and yes i think March 14 is probably the date 

They don't even need a Full trailer, make a badass teaser like Ragnarok and wait for the +160M OW

• Like 1

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Taika is best thing to happen to Disney in recent years.

Taika has the innate ability to just be obnoxious, lame, and annoying in nearly everything he does. 

• Like 1

Like Taika or not, after nearly a decade of Thor being such an irregular character with average at best reception on his solo movies and okayish appearences on Avengers movies, it´s Taika the responsable to make the character grow. 

Not only Ragnarok saved the potential of Thor franchise, but it´s also one of the most acclaimed MCU movies and one of the most beloved by fans, people actually like it even more today than back in 2017. 

After the course correction Taika did, Thor became one of the most important characters on both Infinity War and Endgame [his entrance on IW particularly is one of the most remembered scenes of the entire MCU], and now we´re talking about a possible billionaire solo movie coming, which honestly is something that nobody expected a few years ago. 

Now i can only hope Love & Thunder is just as good or better than Ragnarok, Taika is coming from a very good strike of projects.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Taika was in IW?

And you expect me to believe his scene was one of the most memorable?

Thor on both IW / EG was clearly following Taika´s version of the characters 

And yes, his arrival at Wakanda and the attack on Thanos was 2 of the most celebrated scenes of the MCU, everyone talked about it endlessly, but if you doubt for some reason go watch some reaction videos on YouTube, the audience reception is all there.

• Like 2

Lol this is honestly the first time ive ever seen some people not liking Taika.

Just judging by his films (especially Hunt for the Wilderpeople), so far hes proven himself to be a very good director with a great sense of humour and character writing. I dont know why one could dislike him to be honest.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Lol this is honestly the first time ive ever seen some people not liking Taika.

Just judging by his films (especially Hunt for the Wilderpeople), so far hes proven himself to be a very good director with a great sense of humour and character writing. I dont know why one could dislike him to be honest.

Not his work, but him. 

He's just grating from what I've seen. And he was the most annoying aspect in Ragnarok.

Thor doesn't need marketing to start 2 years before the release so to speak. He's a super popular character. Whenever the trailer comes out it's going to have record or near record views. Everyone who wants to see L&T already knows when it's coming out trailer or not. It's different for new properties and original IP that need to build awareness in advance, but this doesn't. 

On 2/14/2022 at 5:04 PM, KnucklesXXR said:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Official Trailer - 24HR Numbers - Main Channels

Youtube

26.2M Views, 1.42M Likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios and Marvel)

14.8M Views, 2.68M Likes

Twitter 

15.5M Views, 340K Likes

Facebook

9.6M Views, 363K Likes 

No trailer yet but let’s speculate a little. What kind of numbers do you think the teaser will put up when it does drop?

My guesses….

Youtube

30.7M Views, 1.58M Likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios and Marvel)

15.8M Views, 2.71M Likes

Twitter 

19.4M Views, 416K Likes

Facebook

10.3M Views, 390K Likes 

Edited by KnucklesXXR
  • Like 2