TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

I like the idea of a female Thor but Portman's character was one of the worst in all the marvel movies and I really don't like her,  her jackie was so annoying and scholastic, i liked her only on the black swan cause the character was repressed like her boring acting is. 

I don't think she will be a lesbian or bisexual thor, Valchiria will have definitely another love interest. Anyway as gay person I find cringe and embarassing you have to say "I'm gonna be gay" at the comic con even before the film is made. This screams sad marketing so loud. Make it a normal thing people can discover when they are watching the movie. Like when Disney made all that noise for the """""""gay scene""""""""""""" on beauty and beast". Sad.

I think here and in the Eternals will be something more explicit in this issue, cause they are not branded disney movies but nothing so really open. 

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Jane Foster as Thor is straight from the comics. I think it could work but the actress is so petite, it could be hard to believe. 

Natalie will never be able to bulk up to Gina Carano level but since she's in the straight up comedy it doesn't matter. Everything will be played for laughs like Ragnarok. 

@Thanos Legion Since Valkyrie is LGBQ in Raganrok (mostly off screen, an interview blurb, but when you know that then you pick up on that Valkyrie that sacrificed herself to save her was her partner), Jane Thor and King Valkyrie romance is a given and Tessa basically draw it for us. King is looking for her Queen...and Jane Thor arrives. Yes, Thor is getting Mako'd. :lol:

Either way, this is Hemsworth's swan song. Fat Thor was the beginning. Then giving Valkyrie the throne. They set the stage for his exist cause there's literally nothing they could do with the character but replace him. It sucks that replacement is the second worst character in the franchise (#1 is Darcy) but I guess that change from Jane to Thor will improve the character. 

I don't know what heavy stuff there is but Taika will play it as straight comedy. The title is very unambiguous about the genre. I don't think I'll stick around for Jane Thor in the future, however. Hems is Thor to me, like Evans is Cap to me so I won't watch F&TWS even though I like those characters. Oh and Morgan Stark #NotMyIronMan Sorry but RDJ is iconic. Fuck any replacement they ever try. 

Sorry but replacements make me sad. I feel like they are discarding actors who built the franchise (Hems, Scarlett) for whatever reason.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

It s also visibility.

Making a career out of movies only seen by Film Twitter and the Awards circus can ony get you that far.

They were just bad movies, some actor built their star status on indie or festival movies, like Ryan Gosling. 

Edited by maxalcamo

3 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

They were just bad movies, some actor built their star status on indie or festival movies, like Ryan Gosling. 

Still, most actors take the easiest way, which is a franchise, when they try to build or rebuild visibility. It sucks that Marevl is discarding Chris in favor of signing up Natalie but there's literally no way she returned without guarantee that she'd carry the franchise. I mean, we are talking about the actress who didn't want to film a cameo for EG, so that the studio hired another to film 3 sec scene, and then she agreed to do it (now obviously because of the Thor deal).  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Still, most actors take the easiest way, which is a franchise, when they try to build or rebuild visibility.It sucks that Marevl is discarding Chris in favor of signing up Natalie but there's literally no way she returned without guarantee that she'd carry the franchise. I mean, we are talking about the actress who didn't want to film a cameo for EG, so that the studio hired another to film 3 sec scene, and then she agreed to do it (now obviously because of the Thor deal).  :lol:

I mean, you really just made all of this up for the sake of complaining. Jesus.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I mean, you really just made all of this up for the sake of complaining. Jesus.

No man it's true. Katheryn Langford was hired to pose as Jane in the Asgard scene cause Portman didn't want to do it. It's true. Then Portman agreed to do the cameo so Langford scene was out. They still announced that she was cast. But anyway, people who knew about it were surprised that Portman did it after all. It looks like it came with the Thor 4 package. 

And there's no way that Jane Thor isn't taking over from Thor 5 onwards. No way. This isn't one off stint. You'll see.

Edited by Valonqar

28 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So why is it the assumption Chris is out just cause Natalie is back lol

because she wouldn't be back if her role wasn't the lead. because Chris was just standing there while Tessa was talking about the plot which is all about her character, not his, and then Natalie showed up and then it was all about her character. Read the signs. Like, I'm sure Natalie will be great and Jane was just poor writing and poor chemsitry. But yeah. Signs are there. This is Chris's Logan though funny as hell one.

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

No man it's true. Katheryn Langford was hired to pose as Jane in the Asgard scene cause Portman didn't want to do it. It's true. Then Portman agreed to do the cameo so Langford scene was out. They still announced that she was cast. But anyway, people who knew about it were surprised that Portman did it after all. It looks like it came with the Thor 4 package. 

And there's no way that Jane Thor isn't taking over from Thor 5 onwards. No way. This isn't one off stint. You'll see.

:wintf:

Katherine Langford was hired to play older Morgan Stark, not Jane Foster body double. They filmed a scene with her and RDJ, but chose to not include it in the movie. Not sure where you’re getting your biased info from, but it’s wrong. And Natalie was one of the best things about Thor. It was clear she checked out in the sequel, but she was passionate about the plot and director the movie initially had and didn’t like the way things turned out. Glad she’s back on board. 

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/07/avengers-endgame-katherine-langford-cut-role/

• Like 4

From Deadline: https://deadline.com/2019/07/thor-4-is-thor-love-and-thunder-opening-fall-2021-comic-con-1202649877/

Natalie Portman is set to portray the female Thor, Thor 4 director Taika Waititi announced today. The film will open in fall 2021. Portman played Jane Foster in the first two Thor movies.

No surprise here at Marvel’s Comic-Con panel, but Taika Waititi was on hand to talk about Thor 4 along with Tessa Thompson who played Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarokalong with Chris Hemsworth. Why no surprise? News broke earlier this week that Waititi was returning to Thor. 

Valkyrie will be “re-investing in her people” and rebuilding Asgard said Thompson. “The love I feel for him is thunder,” said Thompson.

Waititi was reading one story line by Jason Aron called The Mighty Thor which is what the fourthquel will be based on “That story line is incredible is full emotion, love and thunder and introduces for the first time female Thor,” said Waititi. Thompson and Hemsworth haven’t seen the script yet.

What’s happened  to Thor posts Endgame? “He’s heading to the 7-11 for a little Netflix subscription and at this point he might be on the couch, who knows,” said Hemsworth.

Not sure what they are planning to do with Thor, but I won't be surprised if he's still fat Thor based on Hemsworth's description. Hopefully, the Guardians (especially Rocket) get a cameo

P.S. Chris, you should have said Disney+ instead of Netflix so that you don't piss off your corporate overlords by accident

3 hours ago, Sindreee said:

Stoked about Portman being Thor in this one, feel like she has something to prove and when she goes all in on something, usually something great comes out of it.

In the comics Jane Foster is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes chemo before she is able to wield Mjolnir (contrasting her frail "real" self to her powered Thor self). So there is a LOT of potential here.

Edited by Spidey Freak

8 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I just can’t wait for Jane and Val to be gay and Thor to be fat. There is zero point otherwise.  Great title though. Should be fun. 

I would bet they will continue Jane/Thor, with Jane/Val having a connection that isn't romantic but Thor maybe thinks it is. A triangle of sorts but not really.

2 hours ago, Deja23 said:

Katherine Langford was hired to play older Morgan Stark, not Jane Foster body double. They filmed a scene with her and RDJ, but chose to not include it in the movie. Not sure where you’re getting your biased info from, but it’s wrong. And Natalie was one of the best things about Thor. It was clear she checked out in the sequel, but she was passionate about the plot and director the movie initially had and didn’t like the way things turned out. Glad she’s back on board. 

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/07/avengers-endgame-katherine-langford-cut-role/

It isn't a biased info. I found that on Awards Watch Forum. They linked it to one of bigger CMB sites back when EG came out.  Anyway, I apologize for the mistake then. 

Either way, since Jane gets Thor power after he dies, well, doesn't that spell doom for Chris? 

I'm sorry that I'm not jumping up and down over this development but I really think it isn't fair that they are taking the franchise away from him. it wouldn't matter if he was given a proper closure like Iron Man and Cap but they have done him dirty. No kingdom (given to Valkyrie whose character arc was not even about becoming the King). No story (again, the outline sounds like it's about Valkyrie and Jane Thor and not about Thor). Sad. My problem isn't with transition to new Thor which was inevitable but that they are doing Chris and his character dirty the way it's proceeding.