Eric the Minion

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

21 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I just think there’s a certain irony that he was mad about the HBO Max day and date decision, when Universal are the ones who keep dumping their movies onto their streaming service that nobody cares about, regardless of how much money they make in theaters. If Nolan was really that mad on behalf of movie theaters, he might as well have gone to Sony. 

I suspect Nolan's anger wasn't that WB movies were hitting streaming day and date, it's that they were being forced to. Last year Universal paid a huge amount of money to the creatives on HALLOWEEN KILLS (essentially giving them a back-end like if the film had performed as well as HALLOWEEN 2018) to get them to agree to a simultaneous Peacock launch. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened this time.

Look, I won't lie - the insider buzz on HALLOWEEN ENDS is... not spectacular. But I think this has more to do with Universal trying to spruce up Peacock's subscriber numbers than lack of faith in how the movie will perform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ViewerAnon said:

I suspect Nolan's anger wasn't that WB movies were hitting streaming day and date, it's that they were being forced to. Last year Universal paid a huge amount of money to the creatives on HALLOWEEN KILLS (essentially giving them a back-end like if the film had performed as well as HALLOWEEN 2018) to get them to agree to a simultaneous Peacock launch. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened this time.

Look, I won't lie - the insider buzz on HALLOWEEN ENDS is... not spectacular. But I think this has more to do with Universal trying to spruce up Peacock's subscriber numbers than lack of faith in how the movie will perform.

Even ignoring the day and date stuff, they’ve consistently given their movies shorter theatrical windows than other studios. 

3 minutes ago, Eric from Progressive said:

This has been up for two hours and nobody bothered to put up the new trailer here. Huh.

To be fair, I watched it and wished I didn’t, they show too much again. I should’ve learned my lesson from the Kills trailers. Fool me once and all that though…

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

To be fair, I watched it and wished I didn’t, they show too much again. I should’ve learned my lesson from the Kills trailers. Fool me once and all that though…

That’s why I’m not watching the trailer either. 

4 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

I'll still see it because I've seen the other 12...

Now we know why MCU films make so much money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Jamie Lee Curtis is doing lots of promo. She was great on Graham Norton. 

Social media ads have started for me. 

Watched Halloween H20 earlier, aka the best Halloween sequel IMO. 

I love H20, the last 20 minutes or so is perfection. I remember being so hyped the first time I saw Laurie head back towards the school to confront him.

• Like 1