eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock/

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. 

http://cyberspacecomics.com/blogimages/domination-factor-1.jpg

Director     -  Matt Shakman

Writers      -  Jeff Kaplan, Ian Springer, Josh Friedman

Cast

1. Mr. Fantastic/Reed Richards     -  Pedro Pascal
  2. Invisible Woman/Sue Storm      - Vanessa Kirby
  3. Human Torch/Johnny Storm     -   Joseph Quinn
  4. The Thing/Ben Grimm                -  Ebon Moss-Bacharach

Produced By Kevin Feige, P.G.A.

Screen_Shot_2020_12_10_at_8.11.34_PM.png

Edited by eddyxx

What are people predicting for this? I feel like the image of the FF has been tarnished somewhat by the Fox films, but we've seen with Spider-Man that people can easily be swayed back by a superior looking product. The casting will be critical for this though.

Just now, KP1025 said:

What are people predicting for this? I feel like the image of the FF has been tarnished somewhat by the Fox films, but we've seen with Spider-Man that people can easily be swayed back by a superior looking product. The casting will be critical for this though.

Need to know the cast, writers and director first. Also need a date, if this is 2023 or later and they build up the hype with some tie ins and great casting no one will remember the shit that came before. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

If Marvel Studios can convince Sony to place nice, I think including Spider-Man in a supporting role (given his close association with the F4 in the comics) is something they may want to consider

ASM657_04.jpg

1750043-tasm_657009_010.jpg 

Only if he wears the paper bag mask.

There was two specific post Disney Fantastic Four threads. 

Fantastic Four 2 and Fox Fantastic Four/X-Men have been archived.  I just don’t like their chances anymore. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/21/2019 at 3:18 AM, Waffles said:

Really excited for this! After the two previous failed iterations, let's hope third time's the charm. In Feige, we trust!

Well...technically, it will be the *fourth* FF film ever made...😉  and yes, I suspect that Feige and Marvel Studios will get it right, as only they can.  So karmically, it will be right. 

"What story are you going to tell that hasn't been told?"

There are only about 600 issues/stories featuring FF that haven't been told, yet...sheesh.

Endless possibilities.

I expect FF to be Marvel's big "Phase 5" Intro/grounding for that next chapter.  Surely expect to see Silver Surfer and Galactus as part of all this, as well.  There's a great trilogy on its own, but could also easily involve the rest of the Marvel universe on screen. 

Edited by Macleod

There is nowhere to go but up.

(Also, I wonder if Feige will ever acknowledge the Roger Corman version. Even if Stan Lee’s claim that it was all a sham isn’t true, Avi Arad claims that he ordered all prints destroyed, and Marvel has spent the last 25 years pretending it never happened.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Right now there is nothing but lip service for FF and X-Men(mutants). They know we know they have it but the Mavel Phase 4 is fully loaded up.

I don't expect fully on FF/X-Men cameos or films until 2023/24. To keep talking it up like they are only a few years away is to give me deja vu about Avatar 2 coming out next year, then next year, then the next year.

I don’t expect them until at least then, either. They have a full slate of productions put into development prior to the Fox deal closing, and Feige himself made that comment a while back about the X-stuff being at least five years out.

Yes, he hyped up stuff to the truest of the True Believers that’s probably in the most preliminary stages of development right now (since legally, they couldn’t do anything until Fox was officially acquired), but with all the other stuff we already knew was coming (BP2/CM2/GOTG3), I feel like most people understand F4/X/etc. aren’t coming until after all of those.

Edited by TServo2049

6 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

There is nowhere to go but up.

(Also, I wonder if Feige will ever acknowledge the Roger Corman version. Even if Stan Lee’s claim that it was all a sham isn’t true, Avi Arad claims that he ordered all prints destroyed, and Marvel has spent the last 25 years pretending it never happened.)

As bad as the Corman FF film apparently was, Corman at least got the ages of the FF right...something Fox has failed to do.

Fact is the all young version of the FF was a big fail in the Ultimate Marvel Universe, and why Fox went for that every time is a puzzle. Making Sue only a couple of years..if that much..older then her kid brother Johnny totally wrecked the her trying hard to b e surroaget mother for him which was a big part of the CLassic FF.

One hot rumor is that Dr.Doom will be the villain in BP 2...with the Wakanda/Latvia Wars storyline.

And fo course as far as the FF goes there is always the Super Skrull.....

On 7/21/2019 at 7:50 AM, Waffles said:

If Marvel Studios can convince Sony to place nice, I think including Spider-Man in a supporting role (given his close association with the F4 in the comics) is something they may want to consider

ASM657_04.jpg

1750043-tasm_657009_010.jpg 

Can you get a sunburn from fire? Or did Johnny physically burn him? Does sunblock keep you safe from fire burns?