eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think Pedro could probably make a good Reed (though I think there are likely better choices) but I’m starting to wonder if this even outgrosses the 2005 movie 

Think has some curiosity and novelty enough to attract an audience for 500m+

Yeah I know they have fumbled so many times.

3 hours ago, Reed121 said:

Pascal is an underwhelming choice. He’s not a draw so why not cast a relatively unknown younger actor. The MCU seems so directionless.

Almost no actor is a draw but people know who he is. The MCU has never cared about going young. If they like an actor they go after them. 

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

I think Pedro could probably make a good Reed (though I think there are likely better choices) but I’m starting to wonder if this even outgrosses the 2005 movie 

It should get to Eternals/Quantumania/Shang-Chi numbers on the novelty factor of a proper Marvel version of the property, but I definitely agree that Fox's decade-long abuse of the brand will bite this new movie in the ass big time. Much like how the stench of Batman and Robin handicapped Batman Begins, the awful memories of Fant4stic will come back to haunt this reboot. The Marvel brand as a whole taking a huge hit these past couple of years won't help in the slightest.

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It should get to Eternals/Quantumania/Shang-Chi numbers on the novelty factor of a proper Marvel version of the property, but I definitely agree that Fox's decade-long abuse of the brand will bite this new movie in the ass big time. Much like how the stench of Batman and Robin handicapped Batman Begins, the awful memories of Fant4stic will come back to haunt this reboot. The Marvel brand as a whole taking a huge hit these past couple of years won't help in the slightest.

I really don't think people will be that upset about Fant4stic ten years after it's release.

Nobody remembers Fantastic Four 2015. That being said, I do believe that MCU Fantastic Four will not be an easy slamdunk. The film is going to have to be good and look interesting. If it looks like another Disney Plus series like The Marvels looked like in the marketing materials, it is screwed.

• Like 5

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nobody remembers Fantastic Four 2015. That being said, I do believe that MCU Fantastic Four will not be an easy slamdunk. The film is going to have to be good and look interesting. If it looks like another Disney Plus series like The Marvels looked like in the marketing materials, it is screwed.

For sure, Fantastic 4 characters are not that popular, the first 2 movies did bellow average number back in the day.

The only relevant topic from this has been how long the casting has taken. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Agree that at this point the previous FF movies are just a distant memory for most people. Personally, I think they should lean into the hard science fiction aspect of the comics.

it’s not that people remember the older movies. I think one the main issue is that, as much as fanboys love them and know how important they are to Marvel, to the general public the Fantastic Four are just corny and dated and highly uncool. Pretty much like Marvel’s version of the Justice Society.

So they’ll have to perfectly balance the whole staying true to the source material but also making them somewhat cool and relevant to the modern audience. Which is not impossible to do, Captain America was  perceived as uncool and now he’s a pop culture staple.

On the other side of that argument tho’ you have the Justice Society in Black Adam which was clearly stripped of its essence to make them “cool” and they ended up being uber generic.

• Like 3

Kind of safe casting if it's Pascal, but mainly because of how much people like him currently, not because he screams Reed - though I can see him pulling it off. Dev Patel would have been very exciting casting, but I don't know if he'd be down. Think he'd have been even harder to convince than Adam Driver reportedly was.

14 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Pedro Pascal is a little overexposed but I guess I'm fine with the casting happening.

Javier bardem as Galactus would be cool.

Think they are going to retool this  and change towards Galactus as big bad and pivot from Kang.

Well, the is that line from Anf Man 3 where someone tells Ant Man there are bigger threats then Kang out there.

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I really don't think people will be that upset about Fant4stic ten years after it's release.

it's like Dune..a lot of people want a good version of it after a couple of bad versions.

And it's not like that many people saw Fant4stic anyway.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fmpro said:

My inner child really hopes that Terrax will be maybe one of the heralds in this movie. I loved him as a young boy reading the comics and Galactus has always been one of my favorites. Could work with him and Nova serving Big G IMO..

I just hope that they save Doom and build him up for the 3rd movie or even the next big bad in Avengers

Doom is a great villlian but is not the kind of Thanos level cosmic threat the MCU needs. Galactus is.

But I suspect we will see the "Doom gets the powers of  the Silver Surfer" storyline somewhere.