Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

18 minutes ago, Wotad said:

https://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/imax/empire_swindon_greenbridge_imax/t30/

This is my Cinema it's quite intresting it was doing 2 for Bumblebee/2 for MP but looks like MP/Bumble lose Imax for a star is born Imax?? and Aquaman which is great so i can watch it in Imax. 

WB is doing a rerelease for ASIB, probably for BAFTA purposes and to get the film to £30m, it's almost there at £29.4m. 

1 Mary Poppins Returns 2018/12/21 £ 4,444,023 £ 34,295,862 Walt Disney Int'l
2 Favourite, The 2019/1/4 £ 3,973,975 £ 3,973,975 Fox Int'l
3 Aquaman 2018/12/14 £ 1,855,420 £ 18,277,630 Warner Bros Int'l
4 Andre Rieu's New Year Concert From Sydney (2018/2019) 2019/1/4 £ 1,745,941 £ 1,745,941 Piece Of Magic Entertainment
5 Bumblebee 2018/12/28 £ 1,736,877 £ 9,118,933 Paramount Int'l
6 Ralph Breaks The Internet 2018/11/30 £ 1,108,768 £ 15,874,062 Walt Disney Int'l
7 Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse 2018/12/14 £ 878,768 £ 7,730,537 Sony Int'l
8 Bohemian Rhapsody 2018/10/26 £ 725,271 £ 48,404,430 Fox Int'l
9 Fantastic Beasts: Crimes Of Grindelwald 2018/11/16 £ 365,814 £ 33,501,931 Warner Bros Int'l
10 Holmes And Watson 2018/12/28 £ 351,017 £ 2,386,435 Sony Int'l
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

That’s a huge opening for The Favourite.

I went to see it today and it’s a really strange film. Good marketing though. 

I didn’t like it at all, the tone and pacing was very odd and it almost seemed to be going for “anti-comedy” with how dry it’s humour was. It’s a weird one, because I can’t fault the performances, production design and cinematography, but the whole thing just fell flat for me. 

'Stan & Ollie' edges out 'The Favourite' at UK box office with £2.4m debut

Today’s GBP to USD conversion rate: 1.28.

Rank Film  (Distributor) Three-day gross (Jan 11-Jan 13)  Total gross to date  Week
1 Stan & Ollie (eOne) £2.41m £2.6m 1
The Favourite (20th Century Fox) £2.4m £8.3m 2
Mary Poppins Returns (Disney) £2.3m £38.3m 4
Aquaman (Warner Bros) £1.2m £20.2m 5
5.  Bohemian Rhapsody (20th Century Fox) £1m £50m 12

The Old Man And The Gun stayed in 59 cinemas this weekend, adding £19,689 for a lifetime of £956,413.

Ralph Breaks The Internet added £650,000 this weekend and is now up to £16.7m from its UK run

Bumblebee added £1m and has now garnered £10.7m from its UK run

Colette... opened to a three-day £561,229 from 322 cinemas this weekend, an average of £1,743. With previews of £226,667, the film’s total opening is £787,896.

The Front Runner,... Fri-Sun takings of £65,000. With previews, the film’s official opening is £88,000 from 142 sites, an average of just £620 per venue.

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse dropped just 32% this weekend, adding £600,000, which brings its cume total to £8.6m. 

Holmes And Watson is up to £2.6m in the UK after adding £91,000.

The Upside, ...opened to £681,422 from 312 sites this weekend.

Met Opera Adriana Lecouvreur took £184,460 from its UK and Ireland release this weekend

Free Solo added £83,000 this weekend from 52 sites, taking it to a running total of £1.2m.

RBG added £9,200 from 14 sites and is up to £81,253

Three Identical Strangers is now up to £407,088 in the UK.

The Grinch is up to £27.7m after taking a further £82,027 this weekend. 

Welcome To Marwen added £10,469 and is up to £337,546,

Sorry To Bother You is up to £694,123 after taking a further £13,389.

The House By The Sea took £2,935 from four screens this weekend, and is on £3,929 including previews.

The Ponds played in one show this weekend, taking £2,022

https://www.screendaily.com/news/stan-and-ollie-edges-out-the-favourite-at-uk-box-office-with-24m-debut/5135771.article

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's really great UK business for the Favourite. Nice to see Stan and Ollie having a reasonable opening as well. I have seen people talking about these movies on my casual social media as well so they seem to have got a bit of visibility. 

The Favourite will almost certainly outgross Into the Spiderverse and has an outside chance of outgrossing Bumblebee and Halloween.

I would maintain that these are relatively disappointing numbers for Poppins. While it has made a lot of money, it probably won't reach Paddington 2 and it might not reach Peter Rabbit. 

45 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

That's really great UK business for the Favourite. Nice to see Stan and Ollie having a reasonable opening as well. I have seen people talking about these movies on my casual social media as well so they seem to have got a bit of visibility. 

The Favourite will almost certainly outgross Into the Spiderverse and has an outside chance of outgrossing Bumblebee and Halloween.

I would maintain that these are relatively disappointing numbers for Poppins. While it has made a lot of money, it probably won't reach Paddington 2 and it might not reach Peter Rabbit. 

I imagine The Favourite and Stan and Ollie are the sort of films that do well at both the multiplexes and the arthouses, we saw that with Three Billboards and Darkest Hour last year. 

Aquaman has had a solid run and I imagine it's on target to match or outgross Wonder Woman despite a lower opening. 

I'll be curious to see who comes out on top this week with Glass and Mary Queen of Scots, I think it's going to be tight. 

36 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Does anyone know if iSense is similar to Dolby in US? It sounds like it but I'm not sure.

Also @IronJimbo, as I'm sure you're aware, Alita tickets are now available!

Yeah got my tickets, thanks tho bro.

There's actually one Dolby cinema in the UK and they're having the premier there. ( Odeon Leicester Square)

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah got my tickets, thanks tho bro.

There's actually one Dolby cinema in the UK and they're having the premier there. ( Odeon Leicester Square)

Ah okay

Also it wasn't for Alita but Dragons 3, super hyped and going to iSense for first time in Birmingham. It sounded like a better than normal screen (but worse than IMAX) and then it said Dolby Atmos sound... Though I don't know what that is :P 

6 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Ah okay

Also it wasn't for Alita but Dragons 3, super hyped and going to iSense for first time in Birmingham. It sounded like a better than normal screen (but worse than IMAX) and then it said Dolby Atmos sound... Though I don't know what that is :P 

It's an impressive sound system that's object based. It's pretty good, but I'm still an IMAX man. Now when I can justify a Leicester Square Odeon ticket we'll see if it has a competitor. 

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

It's an impressive sound system that's object based. It's pretty good, but I'm still an IMAX man. Now when I can justify a Leicester Square Odeon ticket we'll see if it has a competitor. 

Yeah, when I'm home we usually IMAX it at CW Crawley, but parents pay for it :P 

Up here usually just go to Odeon Cov with my Limitless, but really wanted to get the full experience for Dragons 3 and it's in IMAX, so iSense it was. Also with Limitless it's only £2 :D 

I looked up iSense, apparently it's a 4K projector instead of a standard HD and Dolby Atmos sound system. So it should look amazing, which is good given it looks to be a beautiful film (1 and 2 were) and also hoping John Powell delivers a solid score again, so the Dolby Atmos should help that!

Bohemian Rhapsody is still selling out. At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if it makes it to $70m. Also, it’s passed the £50m mark now and will soon break into the top 30 films of all time and probably has a chance at top 25. 

Glass seems to be doing very well too, should have a strong opening. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 1:43 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Ok, is this the same dude spamming with alt accounts or some other dude? Because it's getting annoying seeing some new account ask the same question again and again in every international thread. Dude, no one fucking knows.

I know him from another forum and as he said, he is sorta new.

tenor.gif?itemid=4825358