Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

So looking at £7-8m as expected. 

Hope the Easter holidays and also 4 day weekend next week will provide a big boost. 

Fantastic Beasts £15.3m

Fantastic Beasts 2 £12.3m

Fantastic Beasts 3 £7-8m

Time to stop, or change things up. 

Edited by Krissykins

47 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Fantastic Beasts £15.3m

Fantastic Beasts 2 £12.3m

Fantastic Beasts 3 £7-8m

Time to stop, or change things up. 

Agree that this is not a good result. I saw the film yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, massive improvement over CoG and easily the best of the three for me, so I hope people give this a chance. Having said that, it ends on a satisfying note so keeping the series as a trilogy may be the best decision at this point.

• Like 1

I imagine while this isn't the end of the Wizarding World film franchise, it'll likely be the last FB film which actually might be a blessing in disguise for WB because they may be able to get some changes like replacing David Yates.

11 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

hmm. will update in the morning, but could be a decrease or flat at best today

That is just awful, what has happened to the movie here? With a flat Saturday this might barely make it over £6m

• Astonished 2

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Can we imagine this happened to the native of the HP franchise? Especially this one seem to go back to the very fan-friendly of the wizard world, the Hogwarts itself. 

Can’t speak for others, but anecdotally everyone I know who saw the HP nostalgia heavy trailers just thought it was a cynical attempt to draw people back in, the fan friendly element actually turned them off as it just seemed like “please remember Harry Potter!”.

It’ll probably hold decently over the next few weeks of school holidays though if it is genuinely better than CoG, but it’s definitely on a downwards trend. I’d imagine WB will be itching to lure Daniel Radcliffe back in somehow.