cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

5 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

There hasn't been a good Batman movie since 2008. Moon Knight could easily replace Batman to the new generation similar to how Captain America replaced Superman. 

To you there wasn't. TDKR was a very well-received movie and most people found it to be very good. BvS was a crossover and so was JL so they aren't Batman movies. So a more accurate statement for general audiences would be the last 3 Batman solo movies were all very good/excellent. It's not at all the same situation as Superman.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

There hasn't been a good Batman movie since 2008. Moon Knight could easily replace Batman to the new generation similar to how Captain America replaced Superman. 

It's fine if you don't like The Dark Knight Rises, but it still got critical acclaim and made a billion+, and that was the last proper, solo Batman film. Also, Matt Reeves - a man who made great films with mo-cap monkeys - just cast one of the best actors in that age range as Batman, so I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm guessing two more films will be announced for Phase 4 considering that they announced 3 Disney+ shows towards the end of Phase 4 and I don't think they will release consecutively and there should be two films in between them.

No. Phase 4 is complete. Feige during the SDCC press line that they had Phase 4 and 5 completed and almost announced both. I suspect all the “new” projects are Phase 5. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

No. Phase 4 is complete. Feige during the SDCC press line that they had Phase 4 and 5 completed and almost announced both. I suspect all the “new” projects are Phase 5. 

Wait... Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel & She Hulk were all shown in a diagram that said "Phase 4"... so either a graphic designer messed up, or we're getting those shows in 2021??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

But three shows releasing consecutively with zero movies in between is really odd.

Edited by lorddemaxus

I think they are Phase 4. Feige just couldn't confirm other 3 at the time of SDCC. They wouldn't make a mistake and put them in Phase 4 if they weren't Phase 4. So they are 2020 and 2021 shows. 

What I expect from D23: Gemma Chan announcement, Kit Harrington announcement, Prince Eric announcement, Next SW trilogy/Movie announcement (D&D or Rian or both). What I hope is Avatar 2 first look (fat chance). 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think they are Phase 4. Feige just couldn't confirm other 3 at the time of SDCC. They wouldn't make a mistake and put them in Phase 4 if they weren't Phase 4. So they are 2020 and 2021 shows. 

What I expect from D23: Gemma Chan announcement, Kit Harrington announcement, Prince Eric announcement, Next SW trilogy/Movie announcement (D&D or Rian or both). What I hope is Avatar 2 first look (fat chance). 

Also Pixar/WDAS announcements. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

But three shows releasing consecutively with zero movies in between is really odd.

Loki, What if, Hawkeye were already slated to do that (well, not taking into account a potentially hoped for July 2021 movie).

• Like 1