Eric Quinn

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

What happens if the GA gets tired of remakes? Or the MCU? Or Star Wars? Diversity is good for all Studios, I’ve liked the majority of Disney’s films this year but how is that them only doing well not a troubling thing?

you mean if the GA get tired of seeing blockbusters? I don't see that happening but if it does, then the movie going experience as a whole would decline.  

It2’s  performance is good if it isn’t compared to the first chapter. I read an article the other day, that the box office, Disney theme park, and other entertainment venues are starting to feel the effects of the economic slow down here in the US. FFH likely missing 400M is probably another sign. All of this has me worried about WW84 next summer. I thought for sure that It2 would come close to the first one. I think if the movie opened last year, it would have come close. Same with Spider-Man FFH. Still amazing box office performances,  but in a different year/atmosphere may have exceeded their current performances. One never knows though. Those are just my thoughts. 

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

you mean if the GA get tired of seeing blockbusters? I don't see that happening but if it does, then the movie going experience as a whole would decline.  

Not necessarily but all three of them to be honest won’t hit the same heights as in the 2017-2019 era in the near future at least.

TBF to Disney, they’re not the only ones remaking or adapting their IP, WB’s next three animated films are all remakes or sequels to things they own for example even something like Doctor Sleep which is an adaptation draws from Kubrick’s The Shining 

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Not necessarily but all three of them to be honest won’t hit the same heights as in the 2017-2019 era in the near future at least.

I agree but just because there won't be another EG/IW movie in the near future doesn't mean that another movie would suddenly make 2B so soon. we will just see a decline in BO growth once the MCU starts underperforming. 

• Disbelief 1

16 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

What happens if the GA gets tired of remakes? Or the MCU? Or Star Wars? Diversity is good for all Studios, I’ve liked the majority of Disney’s films this year but how is that them only doing well not a troubling thing?

Universal had a pretty good summer with more modestly budgeted stuff (Good Boys, Yesterday, Ma) and Sony had not only Spider-Man (even with its MCU connections) but OUATIH, so...

Wow, 37.4 is a lot lower than the 42-44 that was expected last night.

I guess late night shows fell off a cliff, presumably due to the long runtime. That makes a bit of sense, since horror movies usually tend to have strong latenights, but this probably went in the opposite direction.

10 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

That $2m USD in Australia seems pretty good, it’s about $3m AUD, perhaps it could make it to 7-8m OW. First It opened to $7.5m. Although tbh I’m actually not that well versed in AUS box office daily patterns, so I could be totally off with that estimate. 

Just now, lab276 said:

That $2m USD in Australia seems pretty good, it’s about $3m AUD, perhaps it could make it to 7-8m OW. First It opened to $7.5m. Although tbh I’m actually not that well versed in AUS box office daily patterns, so I could be totally off with that estimate. 

The UK Opening is lower than the first but given that the pound has dropped a lot, the LC probably isn’t far off the first 

Cinemas won't last forever. And when you see the biggest movies of the year are things like The Lion King and Aladdin remakes, it's time to let our sick friend to rest in peace... Unless there's some cool technology to bring people back. James Cameron, where are you?

Once Disney+ is released, not even their things will be able to be big enough to keep cinemas' business.

• Haha 1

Cinemas aren’t going anywhere, but Americans do go to the movies a lot more than most other countries, perhaps even all other countries. If the average American went as often as the average Japanese there’d be something like 450-500m tickets sold per year.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

It 2 made less because adults who are still scared of clowns are dorks. it's fun watching kids beat up a clown but when it's grown ups it's like "get a job man".

Are you a comedian coolio? If you are not , you should be vaise you are great at it....