PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

40 minutes ago, Chucky said:

Oh jesus christ. No biography has made anywhere close to what BR made, even the michael Jackson biography who is arguably a more well known IP was nowhere near the success BR was. It towers above anything in its genre, it was an anomaly.

Joker on the other hand now mark's the 2nd time a 2d movie featuring the Joker and not released in china has gone on to make 1b WW, and you are trying to compare them in terms of how surprising they were? Come on 😂  

So what? So you're going to compare a documentary (to a feature film) that was released for for 37 days in 2009, a lower screen-count, with a vast majority of the markets now present unavailable the etc  .... Yesterday was based on the Beatles catalogue, yet nothing happened? So I'm not sure why you used the MJ comparison 🤣🤣

And ...? Suicide Squad didn't make that type of capital, and there's not been any feature films on Queen in the past - at least to my knowledge? Therefore, I really don't have a clue what you're saying ... Is English your first language?

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Like 1

Just now, Sunny Max said:

Yeah ..

Top 3 movies in Italy in 2019 :- (Admissions)

TLK - 5.68 M

Joker- 4.107 M

AEG - 4.098 M

Which is utterly amazing, if I may say so 😂

Sunny, the trades - more so Forbes and Deadline - have it potentially reaching $1.06, but do you see it going beyond that estimate? ~

2 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Which is utterly amazing, if I may say so 😂

Sunny, the trades - more so Forbes and Deadline - have it potentially reaching $1.06, but do you see it going beyond that estimate? ~

$1.06 B To $1.07 B life time without re-release or extension if WB thinks movie could do it more than that (talking about Award Hype & Nomination)... so yeah even $1.1 B possible 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

So what? So you're going to compare a documentary (to a feature film) that was released for for 37 days in 2009, a lower screen-count, with a vast majority of the markets now present unavailable the etc  .... Yesterday was based on the Beatles catalogue, yet nothing happened? So I'm not sure why you used the MJ comparison 🤣🤣

And ...? Suicide Squad didn't make that type of capital, and there's not been any feature films on Queen in the past - at least to my knowledge? Therefore, I really don't have a clue what you're saying ... Is English your first language?

You can't understand basic English so you slyly insult mine? 😂. I'm done, it's like trying to teach a child rocket science, it shouldn't be this difficult to comprehend. Joker has had a history of doing well at the box office since 1989, he was the centre point of SS's marketing campaign and it opened to 130m with terrible reviews which only solidifies just how much of a draw Joker is. Just accept that you are wrong kid.

21 minutes ago, Chucky said:

You can't understand basic English so you slyly insult mine? 😂. I'm done, it's like trying to teach a child rocket science, it shouldn't be this difficult to comprehend. Joker has had a history of doing well at the box office since 1989, he was the centre point of SS's marketing campaign and it opened to 130m with terrible reviews which only solidifies just how much of a draw Joker is. Just accept that you are wrong kid.

I was just unsure whether you were using improper grammar on purpose - still trying to figure it out 🤣😂

You're done? You'll never amount to anything in life if you give up ;) And Queen has been an established IP since the 70s? What's the point? 

• Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

I was just unsure whether you were using improper grammar on purpose - still trying to figure it out 🤣😂

You're done? You'll never amount to anything in life if you give up ;) And Queen has been an established IP since the 70s? What's the point? 

I've done well enough in life that I don't feel the need to point out blatant auto-corrected apostrophe's on someone's post as a way to make myself feel intelligent. Nothing to add? I'll correct their grammar 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chucky said:

No biography has made anywhere close to what BR made

Well, the Joker biopic did ;)

And this one sentence says it all: You think Joker is a normal CBM and therefore just another to get there. Others think it isn't. And that is the point why this whole discussion became useless the moment all arguments were written down (as all people are telling the same now over and over again).

And about the fanboy discussion: Surely there might be some fanboys in this discussion but there were enough arguments to prove that not everyboy is biased to the point of bigotry. Of course preferences might be part of the decission of impressiveness but in the end (as it was said) it's just opinions and those opinions (as I said) became useless. So we might just end the discussion if there aren't any new things to say and not repeat the same over and over again, and just go back to numbers...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

How impressive is Joker? it is going to gross 725m without China. That is bigger than Avengers Ultron and probably even 1st Avengers if you exchange adjust the movie. Its beating Endgame is several markets and is breaking out in markets where CB movies don’t do that great(including Japan). Despite Joker being among the biggest characters, don’t forget none of the previous movies with Joker were OS monsters. TDK and Suicide Squad did well but nothing out of the world. Plus this was not a atypical action packed CB movie either. Just go back to 1st page and hardly any prediction would be beyond SS numbers even optimistically. I remember people predicting 150m OS for it !!!!!

Domestic run is great (especially legs). but Opening was on par. Overall gross would be over performance for sure.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

You will have an hard time finding one list of the predictions for 2018 top 10 movies with BR on it, even in the dark horse's at the bottom of the page.

While you will find Joker over 500m even over 800m in many place:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls041653115/

https://whatculture.com/film/predicting-20-highest-grossing-movies-of-2019?page=3

Joker broke october record and had an nearly 250M start, from an franchise with a long history of breaking box office record (A bit like Jurassic World surprise), BR did what it did with a 142M start in a genre without much if any recent precedent, that I doubt anyone had making over half of what it did.

BR surpassed more people estimation more, imo, but I am not sure if this make it more impressive by say, has Joker started with much higher expectation, making it harder to crush them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chucky said:

I've done well enough in life that I don't feel the need to point out blatant auto-corrected apostrophe's on someone's post as a way to make myself feel intelligent. Nothing to add? I'll correct their grammar 😂

Well if that eases your sleep at night haha  ;)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

You will have an hard time finding one list of the predictions for 2018 top 10 movies with BR on it, even in the dark horse's at the bottom of the page.

While you will find Joker over 500m even over 800m in many place:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls041653115/

https://whatculture.com/film/predicting-20-highest-grossing-movies-of-2019?page=3

Joker broke october record and had an nearly 250M start, from an franchise with a long history of breaking box office record (A bit like Jurassic World surprise), BR did what it did with a 142M start in a genre without much if any recent precedent, that I doubt anyone had making over half of what it did.

BR surpassed more people estimation more, imo, but I am not sure if this make it more impressive by say, has Joker started with much higher expectation, making it harder to crush them.

But the issue is that just because no one was expecting it doesn't mean it's more impressive - especially when you consider the restrictions and controversy of Joker. Much of the predictions relating to Joker were before the cancelling of screens, the issues from the FBI, Homeland Security, the US Army, etc - before the Joker went to the Toronto International Film Festival, to be exact.

5 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

But the issue is that just because no one was expecting it doesn't mean it's more impressive - especially when you consider the restrictions and controversy of Joker. Much of the predictions relating to Joker were before the cancelling of screens, the issues from the FBI, Homeland Security, the US Army, etc - before the Joker went to the Toronto International Film Festival, to be exact.

Well I am not disagreeing like this has the message you quoted has me saying:  but I am not sure if this make it more impressive by say, has Joker started with much higher expectation, making it harder to crush them.

It is not like it destroyed domestic predictions too right, like it did in many countries (and what you are talking about is maybe why) ? Or an OW story (those factor were rapidly 100% an non issue by weekend #2) (With Frozen, Star wars, Jumanji coming there is an outside chance that it end up out of the top 10)

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

How impressive is Joker? it is going to gross 725m without China. That is bigger than Avengers Ultron and probably even 1st Avengers if you exchange adjust the movie. Its beating Endgame is several markets and is breaking out in markets where CB movies don’t do that great(including Japan). Despite Joker being among the biggest characters, don’t forget none of the previous movies with Joker were OS monsters. TDK and Suicide Squad did well but nothing out of the world. Plus this was not a atypical action packed CB movie either. Just go back to 1st page and hardly any prediction would be beyond SS numbers even optimistically. I remember people predicting 150m OS for it !!!!!

Domestic run is great (especially legs). but Opening was on par. Overall gross would be over performance for sure.

the fact that people like comments like this (no offense its a good comment, with very good points, i am just using it as an exmaple) , but downvote comments that are even slightly negative towards joker to hell, says a lot

ps  again repating  no offense its a good comment, with very good points, i am just using it as an exmaple)

Edited by john2000

12 hours ago, Firepower said:

To be honest one of the guys who downplays Joker's gross literally has "Marvel fanboy" nickname.

why do you care, is it a crime to downplay joker ? jesus ? its a movie, people have opinions, and i am saying that as someone who thinks that joker run is fucking impressive

7 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

IMO no one was expecting it doe make it more surprising/unexpected.

• Thanks 1

Nobody can downplay the highest grossing R rated movie's success no matter how hard they try. Just like nobody can downplay Wonder Woman and Aquaman's success. The fanboying is garbage on both sides. People who try to downplay Black Pather's and most big MCU movie's success look foolish as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2