Eric Loves Rey

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Jon Watts sucks but I feel like there must be a reason for his hiring on Fantastic 4. Most MCU directors are expendable so it’s not like Feige couldn’t find someone workman to boss around. 

He is the most safe director working with Sony/Marvel. He has no flavor at all. I am excited for this movie , well duh but Jon Watts should stay away from F4 , I actually want them to be good this time. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I don't want to be accused of being a MCU hater again but I somewhat agree. Only because the Spiderverse movie was good and this isn't likely to improve on that in anyway. But the novelty of seeing Tobey and Garfield again is exciting. Not a fan of the Amazing Spiderman movies but the first 2 Raimis are on the Mt Rushmore of superhero movies. The Infinity War teaser showed a decent amount--much more than this

Infinity War was an Avenger movie, we knew the Avengers would be there duh.

Tobey and Andrew being there is because leaks and shit, not because they wanted people to know.

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You MCU stans are so hilariously insecure. Yeah, I'm sorry I don't think your precious Eternals looks like a masterpiece. Hopefully you can all cope with the 90 it gets on Rotten Tomatoes and 800m it makes at the box office, though

That is why you brought all the negative reviews to the Shang CHi thread.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Apparently a bunch of pics of some key characters leaked as well.  Into the bunker I go until December 

If they’re the pictures I think they are, they’re not from the leaked trailer, so I’m dubious of their authenticity. They could be from some other leak, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just some people trying to create traffic to their site with fake pictures.

Just now, Fox20 said:

That is why you brought all the negative reviews to the Shang CHi thread.

I posted about how David Ehrlich and David Sims loved it and that it’s going to get a 90+ on Rotten Tomatoes.  I updated my predictions and said I’m not doubting the box office anymore. Any more conspiracies you have?

25 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I don't want to be accused of being a MCU hater again but I somewhat agree. Only because the Spiderverse movie was good and this isn't likely to improve on that in anyway. But the novelty of seeing Tobey and Garfield again is exciting. Not a fan of the Amazing Spiderman movies but the first 2 Raimis are on the Mt Rushmore of superhero movies. The Infinity War teaser showed a decent amount--much more than this

Spiderverse is easily the best Spider-man movie ever and I'm concerned the sequel will fall drastically in quality. Personally I feel the Raimi films are way overrated and have not aged well at all, and I don't care for most of the characters and have no desire to see any of them again. 

• Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Jon Watts sucks but I feel like there must be a reason for his hiring on Fantastic 4. Most MCU directors are expendable so it’s not like Feige couldn’t find someone workman to boss around. 

The guy is a definition of a corporate tool, that's why he's around, he does exactly what Sony/Disney want from him without asking any questions.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

The guy is a definition of a corporate tool, that's why he's around, he does exactly what Sony/Disney want from him without asking any questions.

That’s what I’m saying. He is replaceable. There’s a dozen of them and the MCU doesn’t really keep them around for long unless for sequels which FF isn’t so it’s weird he’s doing that unless it connects to Spider-Man somehow 

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Here's the reason: he's a likable guy who is easy to work with, causes no trouble on the set, and can deliver a competent, well-liked product that typically is financially successful. You don't have to like his movies, but it's really not that hard to figure out why Papa Feige would want him on another movie.

Oh and by the way, when I told you "no", that means don't start a fight or do some condescending, passive-aggressive backtalk towards users, like you just did with Fox20. If you do this one more time, you will be threadbanned on the spot. This is your one and only warning.

• Like 8