Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

5 minutes ago, iamjesuisiam said:

"Worst trailer of all time, the jokes are horrible, the CGI are awful, the worst cinematography of all time, Jon Watts suc*s, the plot has no sense"

Sony main channel : 99,53 % likes

MCU main channel : 99,39 % likes

dr-strange-ancient-one.gif

It's about giant Endgame-level hype, you are right.

5 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

wow , such a bad trailer. Yikes

My expectations were low but holy shit.. Feige you became the monster you wanted to defeat. 

Still first day first show for me :bagoverhead:

The Internet wouldn't STFU about getting a new trailer so they got what they deserved. 

• Disbelief 1

I just wanna say that if you are going into a movie with a negative mindset, then you are more than likely going to dislike the movie no matter what they show or how good it was. Because you have already set your mind that you are going to hate the movie. The other way around is true as well. What I'm trying to say is, go into this with a neutral mindset and you might just enjoy yourself. 

Reactions outside of this thread have been overwhelmingly positive and I personally enjoyed this trailer a lot. 

Edited by Momori
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

people hate on Jon Watts for making Spider-Man movies look "visually bland or w/e" when most of phase 3 and onwards Marvel films have had that grey filter and audiences liked it every time. so it's a non-issue, it's just how successful blockbuster films have adapted to look like. 

The hate boner some people have for Watts is fascinating, considering his Marvel movies are shot/cut in line with how many others are in that canon. Is it because he does Spider-Man specifically? Could those folks even pick him out of a police lineup? I found his MCU work fine? Decent entertainments, like most MCU joints tend to be. I can nitpick where they can be better, but still. 

I guess we can expect the same folks to rage again when his Fantastic Four movie comes along and (I'm willing to make a safe bet) it'll be the best FF movie we've had after 4 crummy ones. Perhaps not exceptional, but solid and be the Citizen Kane of that property's sad cinematic history. Besides if that aint your cup of tea, you can always rewatch the truly greatest unofficial FF movie ever produced in The Incredibles...on Disney Plus. 

• Like 1

I disagree that this is simply the same visuals we have seen in the MCU. Something about that fight in the tower just doesn't look right. Everything else is okay for me visually but that tower just looks really bad. This coming from someone who liked FFH visuals. 

Still, I went into Eternals with zero expectations and ended up really enjoying it. Will do the same here. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

I think I speak for most here, but my God:

MARVEL. PLEASE. HIRE. GOOD. CINEMATOGRAPHERS. 

These movies are so unbelievably bland visually it's insane. Very few creative camera work and piss poor lighting/mood. 

Hey what if they hired the Oscar winning DP of Titanic, one of the highest grossing movies in history? Hey what if for the sequel, they hired the man who lensed the stylish Michael Mann classic Heat? 

Congrats, you have the Ant-Man franchise. 

16 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I've said it before, the fact a Box Office forum hates so much on the King of the Box Office makes me realise this place is insane.

He’s got his haters and his fans around here, polarizing figure. Sometimes you get the impression that (some) people think disliking the popular is the key to being a True Cinema Connoisseur™️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Momori said:

I just wanna say that if you are going into a movie with a negative mindset, then you are more than likely going to dislike the movie no matter what they show or how good it was. Because you have already set your mind that you are going to hate the movie. The other way around is true as well. What I'm trying to say is, go into this with a neutral mindset and you might just enjoy yourself. 

Reactions outside of this thread have been overwhelmingly positive and I personally enjoyed this trailer a lot. 

Anecdotally I really dunno that this is true. Sometimes low expectations lead to being pleasantly surprised whereas high expectations lead to being easily disappointed.

9 minutes ago, Menor said:

I disagree that this is simply the same visuals we have seen in the MCU. Something about that fight in the tower just doesn't look right. Everything else is okay for me visually but that tower just looks really bad. This coming from someone who liked FFH visuals. 

Still, I went into Eternals with zero expectations and ended up really enjoying it. Will do the same here. 

To be fair it’s clear that some trailer scenes have multiple people edited out of them, which… could definitely cause some general visual weirdness compared to the actual movie.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RRA said:

The hate boner some people have for Watts is fascinating, considering his Marvel movies are shot/cut in line with how many others are in that canon. Is it because he does Spider-Man specifically? Could those folks even pick him out of a police lineup? I found his MCU work fine? Decent entertainments, like most MCU joints tend to be. I can nitpick where they can be better, but still. 

I guess we can expect the same folks to rage again when his Fantastic Four movie comes along and (I'm willing to make a safe bet) it'll be the best FF movie we've had after 4 crummy ones. Perhaps not exceptional, but solid and be the Citizen Kane of that property's sad cinematic history. Besides if that aint your cup of tea, you can always rewatch the truly greatest unofficial FF movie ever produced in The Incredibles...on Disney Plus. 

I bet by the time MCU F4 nears its release, the internet will start claiming Tim Story F4 movies were some misunderstood masterpieces. 🤣