Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The one bad thing about this movie is that it means we're highly unlikely going to see MCU interpretations of these characters. Some of them that's fine but I really would have been curious of an MCU Norman Osborn. 

There is only down from Dafoe and Molina.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

I wouldnt expect  peter parker to be done anytime soon at all, most likely scenario is what the recent games have done, both spideys at the same time.

Agreed. For the vast majoriry of the GA, Parker is Spiderman. They never even heard of Morales unitl the Spideyverse movie.

• Thanks 1

Tom definitely sounds exhausted in the GQ interview. 

If you read the article, he talks about sleep paralysis, nightmares about paparazzi, anxiety etc. Fame and the hectic production schedule are likely taking a toll on him, it's natural to be afraid of the future and to change his mind about "playing this role 'till I die." 

he also says this 

“Even once filming was underway, the script was being rewritten on an almost daily basis. “You could ask the director, ‘What happens in act three?’ And his response would be, ‘I’m still trying to figure it out,’ ” Holland says.

Anyway, the day finally came to shoot the big finale, “the crescendo scene, like, is this really fucking happening? It’s crazy.” Only, it wasn’t working. “I kept stopping and being like, ‘I’m so sorry, I just don’t believe what I’m saying.’ ” The director, Jon Watts, took him aside, and Holland told him: It wasn’t me. The scene was wrong. “We sat down, we went through it, and we came up with a new idea,” Holland says. “Then we pitched it to the writers, they rewrote it, and it works great.”

Gotten some people worried but I think this happens more often than not 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Tom definitely sounds exhausted in the GQ interview. 

If you read the article, he talks about sleep paralysis, nightmares about paparazzi, anxiety etc. Fame and the hectic production schedule are likely taking a tole on him, it's natural to be afraid of the future and to change his mind about "playing this role 'till I die." 

he also says this 

Gotten some people worried but I think this happens more often than not 

Scripts being rewritten during production is SOP...I can see where somebody coming from a stage background would find it a bit troubling.

37 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Do spinoffs like Venom and Morbius count toward extending the rights?

If it's like the deal with Fox, then I don't think so. It's why the second Spider-Man 4 was no longer happening they instantly announced the Marc Webb reboot.

Edited by SpiderByte

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If it's like the deal with Fox, then I don't think so. It's why the second Spider-Man 4 was no longer happening they instantly announced the Marc Webb reboot.

Yeah, it has to be a Spider man movie with Spidey as a central charecter to qualify for the contract extension.

And SONY Is well aware Disney Lawyers will be eagerly searching for any legal reason to void the contract and get Spidey back.

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I was there in 1999, and the disspointment people had with TPM was real..very real. The Memes would never have taken hold if the film had not dissapointed a lot of people.

RLM is a national treasure and they're the only movie youtubers worth a damn.  I don't always agree with them on every movie(who would?) but their knowledge of film making and film history is extensive and they've got pretty good comedic chops to boot.  Their Half in the Bag and re:View series are always great content.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

RLM is a national treasure and they're the only movie youtubers worth a damn.  I don't always agree with them on every movie(who would?) but their knowledge of film making and film history is extensive and they've got pretty good comedic chops to boot.  Their Half in the Bag and re:View series are always great content.

With all that knowledge you'd think they'd be able to construct less pathetic arguments.

Edited by Menor
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, it has to be a Spider man movie with Spidey as a central charecter to qualify for the contract extension.

And SONY Is well aware Disney Lawyers will be eagerly searching for any legal reason to void the contract and get Spidey back.

Would Miles Morales would count? I guess that depends if the contract says it must be Peter Parker as Spidey or not.

Edited by Mojoguy

28 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Would Miles Morales would count? I guess that depends if the contract says it must be Peter Parker as Spidey or not.

Wikileaks' Sony hack involved a dump of the original(?) Spider-Man Disney contract that showed some explicit limitations on what the character could do. You could probably see if it specified "Peter Parker" as a good proxy for this.

13 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Hey, we all like tits and ass but 2 hours 50 mins for an ostensibly fun nostalgia-fest is still a curious choice. I guess Sony has decided that, like the last Bond, everything must now be Epic.

Yeah...it's kind of crazy.  

13 hours ago, Cap said:

We’re not ready for Secret Wars yet. Give us like 5 years. 

Maybe this won't show up on screens for five years...but I'd be willing to bet a lot that this is the project the Russos are negotiating for right now with Marvel/Disney.  The writing's on the wall. 

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Is this movie really going to be 170 minutes long? That sounds just plain excessive. 

I was surprised not more people caught onto this when it leaked out some days back.  I love Spidey, but do we really need a Spider-Man movie that is 10 minutes shy of 3 hours??  Longer than Endgame??  Crazy.  

9 hours ago, Menor said:

I disagree that this is simply the same visuals we have seen in the MCU. Something about that fight in the tower just doesn't look right. Everything else is okay for me visually but that tower just looks really bad. This coming from someone who liked FFH visuals. 

"Something doesn't look right" because, you know...half the thing and characters are being "Redacted" from the visuals you're seeing... 

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

Personally while HC and FFH weren’t bad they are mainly Carried by the villains. I don’t find Peter and his supporting cast that compelling. Feels like I am watching Disney channel movies at times. Homecoming especially also suffered from a flat look and weak Action. Watts definitely improved on the action remit though in FFH

the multiverse/Raimi/Garfield stuff is the main reason I am super exited for NWH

I generally agree.  The gravity just isn't there.  I even liked the edginess of Amazing Spider-Man 1 more than anything I've seen in Holland's Spider-Man entries.  And therein lies the dilemma... while exciting for Old-School fans (and I am one), this really says something about Holland's Spider-Man world -- why is it that they needed to go back to all of this right now?  The fact that they couldn't/or decided not to come up with a compelling third film set entirely in Holland's Spidey world is definitely a statement of lack of confidence in its own "universe."...no matter how happy Feige is to work with these characters.  

Edited by Macleod

13 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I was surprised not more people caught onto this when it leaked out some days back.  I love Spidey, but do we really need a Spider-Man movie that is 10 minutes shy of 3 hours??  Longer than Endgame??  Crazy

No, we don’t need a spider-man movie longer than endgame. Bit this one is a dozen minutes shorter, so…

• Like 2