Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

People in the MCU reportedly remember Spider-Man. Doctor Strange and Wong mentioned him, he is hinted on the Disney+ series as well. No one remembers Peter Parker. He showing up straight into Avengers wouldn’t be out of character, although I think that a Spider-Man film comes before that. The difference now is that no one who he is under the mask, very much like in the comics. It would actually be heartfelt if the one person that actually knows who he is in Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars is… Tony Stark.

Oh yeah, that's completely the impression I got. What I meant with my comment is it would be typical Marvel for the script not to include any sort of tension on Peter's part joining the Avengers and nobody really knowing him (ie. They know Spider-Man but not Peter on a personal level). I'm hoping the script addresses the fallout from NWH even just a little bit.

I'm actually thrilled at how it all turned out though because now it feels even more like Spider-Man with his identity being so secret. Not to mention the new homemade suit. Sony handled it perfectly.

• Like 1

Just now, Verrows said:

Oh yeah, that's completely the impression I got. What I meant with my comment is it would be typical Marvel for the script not to include any sort of tension on Peter's part joining the Avengers and nobody really knowing him (ie. They know Spider-Man but not Peter on a personal level). I'm hoping the script addresses the fallout from NWH even just a little bit.

I'm actually thrilled at how it all turned out though because now it feels even more like Spider-Man with his identity being so secret. Not to mention the new homemade suit. Sony handled it perfectly.

Why would matter to them to know who he is under the mask? They remember all the events, from Civil War to now. Just not that he is Peter Parker. Having Spider-Man - and now Daredevil - with actual secret identities is an interesting change of pace to the MCU. 

I’m not that hot on the homemade suit though, in that Peter, Tony and Reed have something they all in common. They are geniuses. Fine that he is making his own suit, fine that we are likely getting the symbiote suit soon rather than later, but let him craft his own suits with tech eventually. It’s nostalgic sure but I like when Marvel highlights Peter’s genius side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Why would matter to them to know who he is under the mask? They remember all the events, from Civil War to now. Just not that he is Peter Parker. Having Spider-Man - and now Daredevil - with actual secret identities is an interesting change of pace to the MCU. 

I’m not that hot on the homemade suit though, in that Peter, Tony and Reed have something they all in common. They are geniuses. Fine that he is making his own suit, fine that we are likely getting the symbiote suit soon rather than later, but let him craft his own suits with tech eventually. It’s nostalgic sure but I like when Marvel highlights Peter’s genius side.

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess it's something that's more jarring for ME in the audience than for the character. 

Re: the suit, to each his own. I couldn't stand all the connections to Stark. I respect the relationship Peter had with him but I was dying for the character to blaze his own trails like the Spider-Man I grew up with, whether that be from the Raimi films, cartoons or even comics. I just don't care for "tech-y" Spider-Man as much, even if I agree that showing Peter's genius is a good thing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

He would be the next Nolan if he what he did was Batman films.

No he wouldn't. Nolan became Nolan because he made films like Inception and Interstellar on top of the Batman films. Jon Watts next thing is a Stranger Kids wannabe Star Wars film or show or something lol. Lmk when Watts manages to make an original film that even crosses the $200 mil mark.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Marvel won't go beyond 4 films in a year, they'll just shift things around to fit Spider-Man in somewhere. I think only the 2 Avenger films would have a hard lock on their date over Spider-Man. 

I agree but the thing is, how many films can they shift back knowing Kang Dynasty is set for May 2025? None of us know the story arc but I have to think that want a certain amount of movies coming out BEFORE that for story purposes. 

Unless they move Kang Dynasty itself back, but I kind of doubt that given the MCU is losing momentum a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I agree but the thing is, how many films can they shift back knowing Kang Dynasty is set for May 2025? None of us know the story arc but I have to think that want a certain amount of movies coming out BEFORE that for story purposes. 

Unless they move Kang Dynasty itself back, but I kind of doubt that given the MCU is losing momentum a bit. 

Throw SM4 in July 25'. He doesn't need to be in KD and SM4 can be mostly about him with a SW teaser towards the end/post credit. 

The only MCU dates currently open BEFORE Kang Dynasty are 

November 3, 2023

February 16, 2024 (Sony has Madame Web on this date, though that's not MCU)

It's really too bad nothing else is ahead enough in production to fill at least one of those two spots.

Edited by Verrows

1 minute ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Throw SM4 in July 25'. He doesn't need to be in KD and SM4 can be mostly about him with a SW teaser towards the end/post credit. 

That makes a lot of sense to me but I should say I'm also going on the hunch that Sony doesn't want to wait that long. I would be pleasantly surprised if they did, but I just picture them rubbing their hands together on glee after NWH and chomping at the bit to get another Spider-Man cash cow out there.

But yes, your plan would totally work for me. You're right that he doesn't need to be in KD. It's ultimately up to Feige though.