TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

10 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Every non grounded mcu dceu movie is CGI fest, you can't make a cosmic CBM without having 70-80% CGI elements.

The problem is more so tone. Yes cgi will be a big factor but the fun low stakes family adventure feel of the Ant Man movies is more appealing to me than “oh look multiverse shit will cause the end of the world until it doesn’t” again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YM! said:

The problem is more so tone. Yes cgi will be a big factor but the fun low stakes family adventure feel of the Ant Man movies is more appealing to me than “oh look multiverse shit will cause the end of the world until it doesn’t” again.

I like movies which have bigger stakes & this isn't end of the world/multiverse type movie, they are saving that for..

Spoiler

The Marvels & obviosly Avengers 5 & 6

Anyways trailer I’m overall in this is just fine camp. Kang looks cool (honestly glad for Majors getting a star treatment, he was excellent in The Last Black Man in San Francisco). I do think for the most part the Quantum Realm looks fun to explore and I truly love the Ant-family and Reed is probably amongst the Marvel directors I find reliable (Coogler, Gunn, Cretton) however I still have my concerns in Loveness as a writer as most Rick and Morty writers when doing Marvel have given bad scripts, upping the scale takes away a lot of the charm rather than making it exciting to me and looks more like the majority of Marvel movies as of late (“Yay, the world is ending or will face doom like it has for the past 7 out of 8 Marvel movies”) and no Pena is disappointing.

Edited by YM!

Trailer is fine. Hooked me with the music because I love Elton.

A few things: No Pena sucks. Don't trust Peyton Reed with a vast world. Also, we got NO hint of a world like this the multiple times we've seen the quantum realm... so... what? I'm STOKED for Kang as I love Majors and loved him at the end of Loki.

The serious tone (which will be a great palate cleanser for most after the 2022 MCU content) and the look of the Quantum Realm have me very excited. Kang has me even more excited. They captured his otherwordly design from the comics perfectly, and Jonathan Majors's performance seems terrific just from this trailer alone. If it reviews well, then this has the markings of a surprise hit all over it.