TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

15 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

He is not consistent. Did good with TGM but not so much with Spiderhead, Tron and Oblivion 

I don't think Kosinski would be a good fit for the MCU given his background is in effects and not storytelling, and I haven't seen Spiderhead so I can't speak to it, but I thought both Tron Legacy and Oblivion were very well directed. They both had flawed scripts, but as far as a director executing his visuals and not screwing up the technical fundamentals of filmmaking, I think Kosinski is more than capable.

If I were Kevin Feige, I would reconcile with Jon Favreau, who is still deeply ingrained in the Disney family. Let him direct Secret Wars... He's MCU royalty, knows the process, knows so many of the players involved, is very adept with the technical side of things. I trust him to juggle all the moving pieces. Who says no?

Edited by OncomingStorm93

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Most directors do their worst job on Netflix, with one or two exceptions, it seems like many filmmakers and actors don't put the same effort in Netflix productions as they do in big studio theatrical releases.

they just have no standards/will take the scraps other studios throw out. like Fincher with Mank (one of his worst imo) talking about "I've been trying to make this for 15 years no studio would let me do it until netflix". sometimes there's a good reason for that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they just have no standards/will take the scraps other studios throw out. like Fincher with Mank (one of his worst imo) talking about "I've been trying to make this for 15 years no studio would let me do it until netflix". sometimes there's a good reason for that.

I feel the exact same about The Irishman

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

A name I'd throw out is Chris Mcquarrie, he had interest in CBM's as he pitched superman and a green lantern movie to WB and he's done mind blowingly well with MI and is an oscar winning screenwriter and wrote for TGM

I almost feel like he'd be a better fit in the Gunnverse now that much of the leadership has changed hands and he's previously pitched takes on their characters, as you said.

Obviously there is a director and writer issues at Marvel but I honestly think the bigger issue is not giving these productions enough freedom and time.

They are just churning them out. Instead of feeling any passion in these productions, they just feel like they exist until the next one comes along.

Hopefully things change but they will lose a lot of that audience they’ve built.

37 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I think a lot of the stigma of doing a film for Netflix or streamng in general went out the window when Scorsese did "The Irishman" for Netflix.