Eric Prime

House of Gucci | MGM | November 24, 2021 | Lady Gaga stars | Ridley Scott directs

I can’t believe that 88 year old Ridley Scott is going to deliver two camp masterpieces this year. 

This looks like glorious glorious glorious gay trash. I am so here for this. 

1 hour ago, Cap said:

I can’t believe that 88 year old Ridley Scott is going to deliver two camp masterpieces this year. 

This looks like glorious glorious glorious gay trash. I am so here for this. 

Uhh...there's nothing campy about The Last Duel.

I think everyone ragging on the hairstyles are just showing their ass about history. 

OMG this is so much fun ha ha! Everything is on point! House of Gaga! 

I can't believe I'm saying this but fake accents are fabulous, they really add to the overall sense of fun. Really catchy trailer with so many memes already.

Gaga Powah! We are not worthy!

:Gaga::Gaga::Gaga::Gaga:

Any idea whether trailer views are good/bad? Any social media chatter/trending?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

OMG this is so much fun ha ha! Everything is on point! House of Gaga! 

I can't believe I'm saying this but fake accents are fabulous, they really add to the overall sense of fun. Really catchy trailer with so many memes already.

Gaga Powah! We are not worthy!

:Gaga::Gaga::Gaga::Gaga:

Any idea whether trailer views are good/bad? Any social media chatter/trending?

The trailer is everywhere this morning lol. The one Lady Gaga tweeted out has 1.4m views already and the tweet has 118k likes and 45k retweets. 

The poster she shared has 229k likes. 

The trailer came out at 2am here in the UK so millions more will be watching it later today. 

Edited by Krissykins

Looks a lot more interesting than the bland title suggests. I’m sure Leto will be fine, but why not just hire a fat, balding Italian man if that’s what the character needs? I’d love to know the thought process that they went through to reach Jared Leto for that character in casting😂

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Looks a lot more interesting than the bland title suggests. I’m sure Leto will be fine, but why not just hire a fat, balding Italian man if that’s what the character needs? I’d love to know the thought process that they went through to reach Jared Leto for that character in casting😂

"We want an Oscar for makeup"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The trailer is everywhere this morning lol. The one Lady Gaga tweeted out has 1.4m views already and the tweet has 118k likes and 45k retweets. 

The trailer came out at 2am here in the UK so millions more will be watching it later today. 

The trailer on the MGM YouTube channel has 2.6 million views. OTOH, their Flag Day trailer from July 28 is at 2.4M, so maybe that's a baseline for their channel, or these are ad views. 

Anyway, the Jared Leto transformation and campiness of it all are getting lot of attention. It's not for everyone but there definitely is an audience. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The trailer on the MGM YouTube channel has 2.6 million views. OTOH, their Flag Day trailer from July 28 is at 2.4M, so maybe that's a baseline for their channel, or these are ad views. 

A better way to determine interest and engagement for a movie trailer is likes rather than views. Because movie trailers often play as ads, that inflates viewership and makes it hard to determine if there was an organic interest to check the film out or not. Likes also aren't a perfect indicator, but you still have to manually click on something.

And between the two House of Gucci has hit 17K likes, while Flag Day has...634 likes. And for a more active comparison, Respect is at 31K likes with its mid-May trailer, while The Last Duel is at 26K within the span of 10 days. Gucci trailer's only been up for 13 hours, so that seems solid enough.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Damn, Krissy, so UK got the trailer overnight after all. We thought it wouldn't. Oh well, something to wake up to I guess. :cloud9:

21 minutes ago, Skipper Eric said:

A better way to determine interest and engagement for a movie trailer is likes rather than views. Because movie trailers often play as ads, that inflates viewership and makes it hard to determine if there was an organic interest to check the film out or not. Likes also aren't a perfect indicator, but you still have to manually click on something.

And between the two House of Gucci has hit 17K likes, while Flag Day has...634 likes. And for a more active comparison, Respect is at 31K likes with its mid-May trailer, while The Last Duel is at 26K within the span of 10 days. Gucci trailer's only been up for 13 hours, so that seems solid enough.

This is super interesting! Never thought of that but it makes a lot of sense. :)