Eric Duncan

House of Gucci | MGM | November 24, 2021 | Lady Gaga stars | Ridley Scott directs

1 hour ago, Nikostar said:

The embargo for this movie will drop on the 22nd. Two days before the movies release.

Wasn't it this coming Tuesday?

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

That's kinda weird, the movie looks like it'd be getting decent reviews.

Unless this is just some wacky MGM policy, it would seem really odd to screen a movie like this to critics(most have seen it already) a full 3 weeks before release if they didn't have much confidence in it.

@EmpireCity said its great, I'd be surprised if hes way off.

Edited by Ozymandias

52 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Wasn't it this coming Tuesday?

Unless this is just some wacky MGM policy, it would seem really odd to screen a movie like this to critics(most have seen it already) a full 3 weeks before release if they didn't have much confidence in it.

@EmpireCity said its great, I'd be surprised if hes way off.

Apparently the social media embargo drops Tuesday 2PM Pacific. The full review embargo drops the 22nd. 

2 hours ago, James Gibson said:

2 days before release is a regular protocol from MGM. They did the same with Respect, No Time to Die, Candyman and apparently with will with Licorice Pizza as well.

Reviews for No Time To Die was allowed 11 days before it’s release. Respect was allowed 6 days before it’s release. 

7 hours ago, Nikostar said:

Reviews for No Time To Die was allowed 11 days before it’s release. Respect was allowed 6 days before it’s release. 

NTTD was 2 days before UK release and Respect the same day as early previews. Why are they doing this anyway? Candyman debut could have been better with the good reviews.

MGM 2021 releases:

Spoiler

Wrath of Man (1 day before)
Embargo - May 6
Release - May 7

Snake Eyes (1 day before)
Embargo - July 22
Release - July 23

Respect (5 days before | Same day as early previews)
Embargo - August 8
Release - August 13 [Early Previews - August 8]

Candyman (2 days before)
Embargo - August 25
Release - August 27

No Time To Die (2 days before)
Embargo - September 28
Release (UK) - September 30

The Addams Family 2 (Same day)
Embargo - October 1
Release - October 1

House of Gucci (2 days before)
Embargo - November 22
Release - November 24

Licorice Pizza (?)
Embargo - November (?)
Release - November 26

Edited by Felipe
  • Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 4:50 PM, EmpireCity said:

MGM is having all their trade and critics screenings on Tuesday, that is why the embargo is dropping.  

I assume that's a good sign? I mean, if MGM had zero confidence in this, wouldn't they hold off on even allowing social media reactions? 

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I heard from a friend in LA that this is apparently great and I don't know how accurate that World of Reel stuff is.

I can't deal with all the rumors at this point. I'm hoping the reactions online today gives us a better idea of what the reception will be. 

I know AcademyQueens on Twitter heard LA crowds ate this up, while NY peeps were less than impressed. 

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I heard from a friend in LA that this is apparently great and I don't know how accurate that World of Reel stuff is.

I mean Miss Gaga is physically unable to do no wrong. Her Midas touch knows no bounds.