Eric Duncan

House of Gucci | MGM | November 24, 2021 | Lady Gaga stars | Ridley Scott directs

9 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Rewatching the always epic BLACK HAWK DOWN and reminded of how good Josh Hartnett and Eric Bana were and what missed potential their careers became. Watched GLADIATOR recently with the always awesome Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix.

Come on Ridley, deliver. 

The lack of Tom Sizemore and William Fichtner shout outs here is disturbing.

Black Hawk Down is a masterpiece in editing and direction.  Its one of the big 5 Riddlers for me (Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, The Martian).

And like Band of Brothers, every time you watch it, you recognize someone new in it.

26 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Black Hawk Down is a masterpiece in editing and direction.  Its one of the big 5 Riddlers for me (Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, The Martian).

And like Band of Brothers, every time you watch it, you recognize someone new in it.

First film role for Tom Hardy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Sizemore is great playing basically the same character he played in Saving Private Ryan and Pearl Harbor. Fichtner and Jason Isaacs (who is good in everything and nobody ever talks about), Bremner and McGregor are good to but Hartnett and Bana are the clear leads of the ensemble and are both great with what they're supposed to be in this whole thing - Hartnett is new and likable while Bana is experienced and badass. Its easy to see why Hollywood was high on both of them in the early 2000s in this film. Poor Bana was failed by his franchise attempt while Hartnett wanted to no part of it. I would be down for the right kind of comeback for either of those actors. They would both make interesting HARVEY DENTs in THE BATMAN sequels! Jeremy Piven makes an appearance here too. Sam Shepard is kinda flat. 

I swear every time I see the film, I forget that ORLANDO BLOOM is the guy who messes up the mission and falls out of the helicopter. His performance is terrible and the only low note of the film.

Edited by excel1

TV promotion in the US this week

Tuesday
Good Morning America (ABC & Hulu)-Lady Gaga

The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (NBC and Peacock)-Jared Leto

Wednesday
Good Morning America (ABC & Hulu)-The cast of House of Gucci

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (CBS and Paramount+)-Adam Driver

Thursday
The Late Late Show with James Cordon (CBS and Paramount+)-Salma Hayek

Friday
The Graham Norton Show (BBC America)-Lady Gaga and Adam Driver (the episode that aired last week in the UK)

• Like 2

The Italian launch of House of Gucci was perfect, a blockbuster, with a boom in pre-sales for the evening previews on December 15th.

In just 12 hours, over 4000 tickets were sold from the official website, subject to availability.

All this after the crowd at the Milanese premiere on Saturday and the Auditel boom of Lady Gaga at “ Che Tempo che fa ”, which in yesterday’s episode recorded an audience record with over 3 million and 610 thousand spectators equal to one share. 14.5 with an audience peak of 4 million and 600 thousand spectators and over 18% share. Record that the program also found on social networks with 584,000 interactions overall.

https://www.spetteguless.it/2021/11/15/house-of-gucci-biglietti-venduti-anteprime-italiane/

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, Ozymandias said:

Its unfiltered glory.  Hes gonna get put in twitter jail for those superhero commits in a week when Gucci gets mixed reviews, but I'll bet he comes clawing back next year with Napoleon.   Filmmakers like Scorsese and Scott have earned the right to say whatever regarding the current state of cinema, both are heavily responsible for shaping specific genres... this isn't Guy Ritchie or Zack Snyder we're talking about.

I think condeming a whole film genre en masse is wrong, but I sympathize with where Scott and Scorsese are coming from. They have to fight to get funding for their movies,....Scorsese had, in the end, to go to Netflix to get the superb "The Irishman" finianced, while it seems like any half bakes comic book movie gets a quick green light.

As for "Napoleon" for a while Spielberg was talking about doing a movie using Stanley Kubrick's never produced screenplay, but that died. "Napoleon" was Kubrick's dream project he never got to make. Wiered thing is people who have read the script say it would not have cost a massive budget to do.

Not surprised that Scott in interested in doing a film on The Emperor Of France; his first film,"The Duelists" was set in the Napoleonic period.

And I agree that Black Hawk Down is a superb film, one of his best, and remains the most brutally realistic portryal of infantry combat in the modern era.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 8:24 PM, excel1 said:

Sizemore is great playing basically the same character he played in Saving Private Ryan and Pearl Harbor. Fichtner and Jason Isaacs (who is good in everything and nobody ever talks about), Bremner and McGregor are good to but Hartnett and Bana are the clear leads of the ensemble and are both great with what they're supposed to be in this whole thing - Hartnett is new and likable while Bana is experienced and badass. Its easy to see why Hollywood was high on both of them in the early 2000s in this film. Poor Bana was failed by his franchise attempt while Hartnett wanted to no part of it. I would be down for the right kind of comeback for either of those actors. They would both make interesting HARVEY DENTs in THE BATMAN sequels! Jeremy Piven makes an appearance here too. Sam Shepard is kinda flat. 

I swear every time I see the film, I forget that ORLANDO BLOOM is the guy who messes up the mission and falls out of the helicopter. His performance is terrible and the only low note of the film.

Bana never got a franchise in the Marvel Universe, but he played opposite two MCU stars in "The Other Boleyn Woman" where he played Henry the Eight, and Scarlett Johanson and  Natalie Portman played the Boelyn sisters.