sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Night Preview - The Grudge $1.8M w/ an F Cinemascore LMAO

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Uncut Gems at $36.8m now, curious to see the film, it’s on Netflix here this week sometime. 

It's not out on Netflix in the UK until the end of the month if I'm not mistaken. It has a limited theatrical release on Friday though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LW is peaking at the right time, right in the middle of Oscar voting, which greatly increases the movie's chances in major categories despite SAG shutout and some GG snubs. I expect PGA, DGA and BAFTA to give it a push in Picture, Director, Actress (just don't kick out Scarlett or Lupita) and Sup. Actress (Pugh not Streep).

Parasite is going to keep doing really well especially as awards season continues. A lot of my friends have no idea what it is but want to watch it now because it’s been winning some awards already and has great critical/audience reception. 

I hope to watch it myself once it expands more and gets to a theater near me. 

Parasite won't win Picture tonight because HFPA makes Foreign movies ineligible in Drama or Comedy but should win Foreign and then there's possibility it wins SAG Ensemble and pick up Director, etc. It could go all the way.

@CJohn Yes.  LW is locked for over 100M. Jumanji also lock for 300M. MLK weekend is coming in 2 weeks no?

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 1

Skywalker‘s third weekend is slightly lower with an estimated $34.2M, down from the $37M+ Friday midday figure. Still the first weekend of 2020 is a tad up over the same period a year ago by +3%. Skywalker‘s estimated total (before Disney reports this morning) are at $451.2M, 13% behind Last Jedi which had already crossed the half billion mark by its 17th day of release. Again, the 17th day of release for Last Jedi happened to be New Year’s Eve in its run. Saturday was up for Skywalker over Friday with $14.3M, +30%, just not as high as many were hoping. Some believe that Skywalker can still make it to $600M, but could be shorter than that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Deadline spin continues. Blame TLJ's awesome calendar (as if TROS didn't have one earlier). :hahaha:

@Mr Impossible LOL, yeah, the mythical JJCut release a la EG boost over Avatar wouldn't take TROS over 550M let alone 600M but Deadline is cute for believing in miracles. :cloud9:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1