Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Been trying to stay positive for this and the non stop negativity about it has really irked me even though it has one of my least anticipated MCU movies but yeah they are not doing any favors with the late embargo. With the weak presales and tracking they are really leaving this to out to die it seems. 

I'm personally praying for Brie Larson because she is going to get killed by the griftubers with their 10 hour video demonizing her. 

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

by the time the reviews are released, the damage to the opening weekend will already be done.

I can't wait to Brie gets to let let loose on some of the behind scenes stuff. Whatever some may think of her she did not deserve the sheer wasted potential here. 

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

I'm personally praying for Brie Larson because she is going to get killed by the griftubers with their 10 hour video demonizing her. 

She hasn't tweeted since October 5; this is already the longest break she has taken from social media this year. Maybe she wants to avoid toxicity.

18 minutes ago, Willowra said:

She hasn't tweeted since October 5; this is already the longest break she has taken from social media this year. Maybe she wants to avoid toxicity.

Quitting Social Media is actually a good thing both for brain health and for the mystic of being a celebrity. 

I See This as an Absolute Win | Know Your Meme

7 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

You aren't being serious...You really expect a movie with Hugh Jackman and Deadpool (who are finally in the MCU) to make the same amount as Thor Love and thunder? The FOX X-men in the MCU is a huge deal, that's why MoM made $450M OW without China because people expected X-men cameos (Charles Xavier etc) 

MoM made its money by being led by two very popular characters. Not because of 30 second cameos. X Men films have a ceiling and I don’t know why people pretend they are the most popular CBMs out there.

DP2 did very well, it’s sequels hitting similar numbers is also very good. Jackman Wolverine and DP fans already have significant crossover 

I am a huge MCU fan. I have seen every MCU movie opening previews/midnights when those existed. However, the social media embargo is alarming. I honestly can see this making less than The Flash and being the lowest MCU film, Domestic at least. All signs are pointing to this bombing. At least, they didn't hype it up and put up a massive marketing campaign like The Flash. Seems like they are cutting their losses.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

what the hell is this movie? Is it for ten year olds? They might as well just put up a sign saying "adults, don't bother"

The trailer just doesn't play well at all. It really seems like this trailer is everything that the GP is starting to find annoying about the superhero genre.

40 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Even Good Old Luiz has soured on Marvels. 

I wish I felt vindicated for calling Disney's lack of confidence weeks in advance, but as a fan, I don't. It's depressing to see a brand that once ruled the world fall this far. Hopefully Brie hitches herself a new ride when all is said and done.

16 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I doubt strong reviews will save this films OW. People just aren’t interested in the Captain Marvel arc 

Lmao this is a big contradiction in the MCU. As per a recent survey, Avengers and Spider-Man are the most in-demand franchises. Marvel Studios is calling her the leader in their promo for The Marvels. So if people aren't interested in the leader of the Avengers, then how would they be interested in the Avengers? Can anyone explain how this will work out for the MCU?

• Knock It Off 1

As much as I hate that Jackman sold out and didn’t let Logan be his last wolverine outing it’s hard to deny that, from a purely cynical business POV, the timing feels right. No, x-men wasn’t the biggest franchise but it was a totem of the genre back when it ruled the zeitgeist, and unless the film is shit it’s hard not to see deadpool blowing up with Jackman aboard. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

Lmao this is a big contradiction in the MCU. As per a recent survey, Avengers and Spider-Man are the most in-demand franchises. Marvel Studios is calling her the leader in their promo for The Marvels. So if people aren't interested in the leader of the Avengers, then how would they be interested in the Avengers? Can anyone explain how this will work out for the MCU?

I would assume that "The Avengers" for most casual audiences means the original line-up. Calling Captain Marvel the leader of the group means fuck all if audiences just don't give a shit about her character. Maybe The Marvels will change that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willowra said:

Marvel Studios is calling her the leader in their promo for The Marvels.

No, no they aren't. Your insistence that she's now the leader of the Avengers is a thing you completely made up. There is no Avengers in the MCU currently! What would she be the leader of!

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1