Eric Deetz

Weekend Thread (14 Feb - 17 Feb) - Sonic 58M/70M

Robert Pattinson doesn't have the Batman alpha male chin & jaws.

He played a vampire ( formerly the symbol of male predatory sexual behaviour, remember ? now it is called toxic something i  dunno) that couldn't fuck a teenage girl for 5 years and she had to beg him to do it.

He is the Batman these times deserve.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

@excel1 seeing all these $200m+ OW predictions for the Batman

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think BVS OW is the floor here. And if wom is truly worthy of the Reeves, 200 is accomplishable.

Spoiler

Can't even imagine what the sequel with the Joker is gonna do. Especially if it's Phoenix Joker. TFA/IW numbers?

• Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Robert Pattinson doesn't have the Batman alpha male chin & jaws.

He played a vampire ( formerly the symbol of male predatory sexual behaviour, remember ? now it is called toxic something i  dunno) that couldn't fuck a teenage girl for 5 years and she had to beg him to do it.

He is the Batman these times deserve.

ok boomer

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alli said:

‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Taking Off With $55M+ 4-Day Opening

2nd Update:  Sonic the Hedgehog is quickly looking like a hit, besting the top end of its $50M 4-day projection of $55M, off a $17M Friday and $45M 3-day. Great stuff.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/sonic-the-hedgehog-birds-of-prey-will-ferrell-downhill-valentines-day-box-office-1202860119/

Deadline are expecting the 4 days weekend drop to be between 25% and 30%, that sound extraordinary good, John Wick 2 a movie with a multiplier over 3.0x had a 37.6% drop.

Could make sense, maybe BOP is much younger audience than the usual R affair and will not play weekdays heavy.

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Warner Bros. Birds of Prey will take 2nd place with a 4-day of $18.9M in weekend 2, 3-day of $15.3M off a 2nd Friday of $5.9M. 11-day total is heading toward $61M

That much more what the precedent and the weekdays numbers point at, I am really not sure where their previous idea of $23M came from, but it was way too optimistic and will make those numbers look worst than they are.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Deadline are expecting the 4 days weekend drop to be between 25% and 30%, that sound extraordinary good, John Wick 2 a movie with a multiplier over 3.0x had a 37.6% drop.

Could make sense, maybe BOP is much younger audience than the usual R affair and will not play weekdays heavy.

That's a 43% 4-day weekend drop though.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

That's a 43% 4-day weekend drop though.

Which, the new 18.9M predicted one ? yes, around what I would have made (a bit worst legs than JW2 was the most likely scenario imo).

I was talking about that article before 1:00 PM:

https://deadline.com/2020/02/sonic-the-hedgehog-birds-of-prey-will-ferrell-downhill-valentines-day-box-office-1202860119/

Birds of Prey ends the week with $42.1M at 4,236 locations. The Harley Quinn movie’s second four-day weekend is expected to be around $23M-$25M, off 25%-30% from the pic’s three-day total.

That was quite optimistic from deadline, the second  update.

2nd Update:  

Warner Bros. Birds of Prey will take 2nd place with a 4-day of $18.9M in weekend 2, 3-day of $15.3M (-54%) off a 2nd Friday of $5.9M. 11-day total is heading toward $61M.

Seem to have been made more seriously using sales data or something, that quite the drop in just a couple of hours difference.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Seem to have been made more seriously using sales data or something, that quite the drop in just a couple of hours difference.

23-25 mil was their prediction earlier this week I think. Don't think it was made with any sales data.

Also think Deadline is underpredicting the Saturday and Sunday holds. Expecting more like 16.2 mil for the 3 day weekend. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The Batman has a good shot of breaking WB's OW record. $200M OW? Dunno about that yet. It's a reboot remember.

It's a reboot with all of the hype in the world and the director of the Apes trilogy on board. Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises did O/U 160 without 3D (and mass panic after Aurora in TDKR's case) in 2008 and 2012. I think it's not unwarranted.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1

5PM EST $339K

5 hours ago, ZackM said:

Doing some extrapolation, Sonic only did about $105K at MTC4 yesterday.  As of 11:30AM EST, it's sitting at $183K for D-1.

3 hours ago, ZackM said:

Up to $232K as of 2PM EST.  For reference, BOP did about $474k on D-1.

Edited by ZackM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2