Eric Prime

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

Spoiler

TBH with episode having deaths/pruning of three imp character, this was sorta underplayed and underwhelming and builds up even more suspense. The mid credit scene further builds up.

Hopefully they conclude it well. I have a bad feeling about this.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Probably doesn't need to be said, but folks who haven't seen the episode yet should probably stay off of social media.

#1 trend in the US right now?  #LokiWednesdays

#2 trend?  #LokiSpoilers

*reflects*

Damn considerate, actually.  Especially for Twitter.  I just... wouldn't expect that to last. 

PS:

#10 trend?  Episode 4

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So what exactly happened with timeline bombing in E02. No mention of that in any subsequent episodes, yet that was sold as a big deal in E02 ending.

Hide contents

So all pruned people don't die but transported to somewhere else? It better we explained.

That was diversion so that she can hunt time keepers , it was just a reset off course it was dealt with. 

Spoiler

Real Wizard of Oz vibes with the Time Keepers which was funny as I was gonna comment on how cheap they kinda looked but then it makes sense at the end. 

Was sorta worried that Loki was actually dead it would have been incredibly ballsy if they didn't put the post credits scene until next week but obviously would have caused an actual nexus event. 

Also I'm sure everyone called Loki falling in love with him/herself. 

At this point I've given up trying to reconcile the timeline rules here with Endgame until the end of the show. 

• Like 2

It was a great episode -

Spoiler

I think I called the Time Keepers on this thread, but I'm actually surprised I did:).  

Although, I really, really, really hope 

Spoiler

Mobius is like Loki, and not dead dead:)...

That said, I can't wait for episode 5, 6, 47, 102, 345 - I could watch seasons of Loki from now until this team doesn't want to make them anymore:)...

• Like 2

Spoiler

Since the pruned Loki variants ended up in the same timeline, it's likely that there is actually no way to erase new timelines/variants, and the only way for the TVA to assert control is to send them to one 'prison' timeline or wipe their memories to create workers. 

Edited by Lion Roar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lion Roar said:
  Hide contents

Since the pruned Loki variants ended up in the same timeline, it's likely that there is actually no way to erase new timelines/variants, only send them to one 'prison' timeline or wipe their memories to create workers. 

Spoiler

If there’s no way to erase a timeline once created then we will be part of the way towards the recovery I need to see on these last two episodes from the godawful time travel “logic” of the first few.   

My hopes have mainly rested on the TVA being a bunch of liars, and so far that is panning out well, so I remain (cautiously!) optimistic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I always thought the TVA explanation was propaganda, so I never believed them to be actually true. Clearly whoever is pretending to be the Time Keepers is just using the 'Sacred Timeline' mantra to justify their existence and reinforcing the mind control of their workers. There is no 'sacred timeline' that is supposed to happen. Whoever created the TVA is just trying to maintain the one timeline that is advantageous to them. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:
  Hide contents

If there’s no way to erase a timeline once created then we will be part of the way towards the recovery I need to see on these last two episodes from the godawful time travel “logic” of the first few.   

My hopes have mainly rested on the TVA being a bunch of liars, and so far that is panning out well, so I remain (cautiously!) optimistic.

There is no logic to any of this lol. Whatever the last couple episodes come up with will be as illogical as the first couple. It's just something that comes with the concept of time-travel and timelines. Feels like the last thing people should care about.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

There is no logic to any of this lol. Whatever the last couple episodes come up with will be as illogical as the first couple. It's just something that comes with the concept of time-travel. Feels like the last thing people should talk about.

This isn’t really true. Time travel can be done perfectly logically, in multiple ways, and the fact that most sci-fi properties fumble it (because the creators don’t care and correctly believe that the casual audience won’t really care either if it’s all a bunch of illogical BS) doesn’t negate that.    

Endgame was able to handle time travel without any continuity breaking issues, and it’s not too much to ask that future properties in the MCU maintain that.

Edited by Lokis Legion
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

This isn’t really true. Time travel can be done perfectly logically, in multiple ways, and the fact that most sci-fi properties fumble it (because the creators don’t care and correctly believe that the casual audience won’t really care either if it’s all a bunch of illogical BS) doesn’t negate that.    

Endgame was able to handle time travel without any continuity breaking issues, and it’s not too much to ask that future properties in the MCU maintain that.

Time travel has far too many components and paradoxes to be shown logically. At best, they have an illusion of logic. But there isn't a single movie or show out there that has actual logical time-travel (including Endgame). Closest is probably Primer. Creators don't care about it because their target audience isn't cinemasins. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Time travel has far too many components and paradoxes to be shown logically. At best, they have an illusion of logic. But there isn't a single movie or show out there that has actual logical time-travel (including Endgame). Closest is probably Primer. Creators don't care about it because their target audience isn't cinemasins. 

It’s actually pretty easy not to do anything logic breaking (which is part of why it’s so depressing for me when creators just fail to do so anyway). All you need to do is go with a many worlds version where traveling through time creates a new timeline, or have a single universe/timeline where things are self-consistent.  

Endgame was using the former, though certain dialogue about the infinity stones muddied it more than I would have liked. Loki, so far, is just an absolute mess — but it’s not too late for the final two episodes to reconcile things with many worlds as long as some key TVA claims are revealed as self-serving misdirection. 

6 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

It’s actually pretty easy not to do anything logic breaking (which is part of why it’s so depressing for me when creators just fail to do so anyway). All you need to do is go with a many worlds version where traveling through time creates a new timeline, or have a single universe/timeline where things are self-consistent.  

Endgame was using the former, though certain dialogue about the infinity stones muddied it more than I would have liked. Loki, so far, is just an absolute mess — but it’s not too late for the final two episodes to reconcile things with many worlds as long as some key TVA claims are revealed as self-serving misdirection. 

Both versions you mentioned in the form they are shown in fiction are pretty much fantastical and really have no logic to them. It's the illusion of logic I mentioned earlier. And it's great filmmakers don't limit themselves to two specific versions of a theoretical idea like time-travel, since it would've prevented many great time-travel stories from being told.

• Like 3