charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

44 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Started watching a show on Apple TV. Quite dull so far. It just has the back of some guys head. 

Defending Jacob is stupid. How can he possibly be on the case? The conflict is massive. 

Week 3: 18-24th April 2020

Movies

1. The Cabin in the Woods: The film don't have any horror quotient whatsoever. When you are showing that events that are happening or will happen are just a reality TV Show (?), you are diluting horror factor. The ending of film also didn't really worked. A lenient 4/10.
  2. The World's End: The Edgar Wright's leftover from last week, which I think is his weakest. The start was okay but then it bored the fuck out of it. Then it got a bit interesting but soon went in what the fuck territory. 1/10.
  3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: It was a while ago since I watched Potter, so did it. Barring the fact that its titled Harry Potter, it's a Hermione Granger film (Hugging face). Harry was clueless most of the time in the film, it was Hermione saving the day. Back when I watched the films first time, this was my least favourite. I like it better now but still the events of film could have been done better, say if Sirius Black could just come to Harry without that scary theme in the starting of film or if they had avoided the pronoun game under The Whomping Willow. Besides Time Travel is always messy. 8/10.
  4. Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix: I remember it liking more in first watch. The reason could be the fact that knowing what happens to Umbridge don't really get that much of attention to her annoying self in the film where most of the film is spent. That said, the final act is great. Pumped to see Grindelwald and Dumbledore battles. 8/10.
  5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: This was the film that made me realise how much I loved them. Potter is chill af in the film (see GIFs below). The behavioural changes of nearing adulthood. The love complications and of course great 3rd act once again. The two films I watched before, though felt good but still left me indifferent for most. This awaken that sleeping Potter fan again. 8/10.
  6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: I loved it. The film tone is different from rest of franchise and it worked greatly for me. You get the feel that something really big and dark is happening all the time. The death of Dobby is tearjerker and set the stage for finale. 8/10.
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: So I finished Part 1 at half hour past midnight but was so pumped that couldn't resist watching Part 2 and that's when I have watched it at least 10-15 times. I can just imagine the hype when the film released. Snape's death and memory is always sad and teary. The goosebumps on hearing/watching Piertotum locomotor, the defense spells on Hogwarts before Battle. The magic still lives. 10/10.

Movie (s) of the Week

giphy.gif

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

1. The Cabin in the Woods: The film don't have any horror quotient whatsoever. When you are showing that events that are happening or will happen are just a reality TV Show (?), you are diluting horror factor. The ending of film also didn't really worked. A lenient 4/10.

You completely missed the point of this movie. It isn't a horror movie lmao. It's a meta-comedy, kinda like Scream but with more comedy, more gore, and less horror.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IMDb says Horror. Netflix has it in Comedy.

Neither of two worked for me. Idk if there is some hidden West related theme. Didn't worked for me.

It's a satire of horror movies. I'm not sure how you didn't catch onto that. The movie was explicitly making fun of horror movie cliches the whole time. Why do you think the movie showed what was happening like "a reality TV show"? I mean the movie also has unicorns literally stabbing people and a woman making out with a wolf head wall mount.

Also of course it didn't work as a comedy if you went in expecting it to be a horror movie. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Also of course it didn't work as a comedy if you went in expecting it to be a horror movie. 

I watched on Netflix, so was expecting comedy. The film tried to be comedic but wasn't really. It was Horror that didn't worked at all for me.

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's a satire of horror movies. I'm not sure how you didn't catch onto that. The movie was explicitly making fun of horror movie cliches the whole time

I got that but it still didn't work for me.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

The ending of Little Fires Everywhere got me shook. Reese Witherspoon really wants that Emmy.

I watched it last night. That was my reaction when it ended lmao. Clearly she got tired of being overshadowed in the first season of Big Little Lies (and had almost jack shit to do in the second season) and The Morning Show and said "this is MY time to shine!"

It was good overall although I kinda hated every character by the end. Reese and Kerry were great as usual and even the actors playing the kids were all really good.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

mostly rewatches this week

Movies:

Spring in a Small Town (1948) - 7/10

Up in Smoke (1978) - 4/20

Witches of Eastwick (1987) - 8/10

Chungking Express (1994) - 10/10

The Descent (2005) 7/10

Raise the Red Lantern (1991) - 9/10

Whisky Galore! (1949) - 6/10

Best of the Week: Chungking Express- me after six weeks of quarantine:

TV:

Better Call Saul finale

The Mandalorian eps 6 and 7: ep 6 was fun but 7 was boring.

Quiz: ITV drama about the Who Wants to Be A Millionaire cheating scandal back in 2001. Matthew Macfadyen and Sian Clifford are great but it's mostly meh. It's a 3 episode miniseries and only the middle ep were the actual cheating takes place is especially engaging. first episode is mostly about the creation of Millionaire (we don't need this. who cares? imagine if slumdog millionaire's first act was devoted to this. we all get the concept of who wants to be a millionaire) and the brother in law of the main guy who ends up not being relevant in the last two eps anyway. this could've been a pretty good 100 minute movie but forgettable as a series

also i dunno know if we're doing music here but I've really been digging the new Rina Sawayama album.

• Like 1

Extraction: HIGH RENTAL

The action is great, easy to follow and inventive. The problem here is the lead is dull as hell. I couldn’t care less about the characters and the film is far too dour. It feels sluggish. I wish it would’ve just lightened up and have some fun. I’ve seen war movies more energetic than this.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

also i dunno know if we're doing music here but I've really been digging the new Rina Sawayama album.

It's probably my favourite pop album since Charli XCX's Pop 2. You should check out Clarence Clarity if you liked SAWAYAMA. He co-produced most of the songs on the album and his inventive style and production is all over it.

Also one of the songs in the album (Tokyo Takeover) is only available in the Japanese version and it's a complete banger. You should be able to find that song on YouTube.

Edited by lorddemaxus