Eric is Quiet

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

6 hours ago, Eric Drake said:

Because he's not getting cast and it's annoying people keep saying "lol Joaquamole Phoenix needs to beat up Battinson in the next one". They're from different timelines, and I don't think Joaquamole would say yes anyways. It's just irritating people keep saying they want something that will never happen.

Even if it COULD happen, should it happen? I dont think that iteration of joker would work in a batman movie

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:16 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Yeah it’s nice that a blockbuster, let alone a superhero one, will actually have some sexuality. When was last time? Everything has been so sterile and asexual, lacking charisma and chemistry 

I think there's been a misconception in Hollywood over the last decade that sexuality or romance in big movies are inherently contradictory or reductive to strong and good female roles which I disagree with.  You can have that without the woman character just being eye candy or a simple love interest.

Or maybe its just because Disney owns everything now and super safe sanitation is their brand.  I don't really know.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

I'm seeing this in 9 days. I am more than comfortable skipping this trailer and I'm sure I'm not the only one lol

I haven't seen any trailer since the very first teaser in August 2020. :) I try to avoid as much as possible to see this "old way" (pre-Internet). And I am Batman fan since 1997, this is the most anticipated movie of the year for me, so it's been extremely hard year and a half. Thanks God the wait is over next Friday (I'll see the film on March 4th, 2:30 p.m. GTM+1). :excited:

• Like 2

damn uncharted overperfomring huh. that Holland effect.they should have him in dune 2 that'd give them 2 more sequels!

for real though hope this movie performs greatly so they can green light the universe that Reeves has planned(hbo max shows etc). hopefully the momentum will carry onto dceu too

15 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I think there's been a misconception in Hollywood over the last decade that sexuality or romance in big movies are inherently contradictory or reductive to strong and good female roles which I disagree with.  You can have that without the woman character just being eye candy or a simple love interest.

Or maybe its just because Disney owns everything now and super safe sanitation is their brand.  I don't really know.

You are right, it’s probably both. Ironic since the Raimi Spider-Man movies are romantic and Batman Returns is so freakish.

But star power has taken an asexual backseat with the rise of modern studio filmmaking and IP over saturation. The demand to see the same movies again and again has overwhelmed the desire to see actors express any desire that isn’t strictly plot related. I mean, was Jungle Cruise the first instance of The Rock sharing an onscreen kiss? He had awful chemistry with Blunt. The sanitized, family brand of Disney has certainly diluted the sexuality of MCU movies (largest form of entertainment) so the films can remain as broad as ever. Interesting how the biggest forms of expression and love recently in Disney films have been, like, quick, brief kisses between gay characters, either in background or hardly mentioned… Eternals, Rise of Skywalker..

I also imagine the MeToo movement had a big impact. With the rise in intimacy coaches to avoid discomfort, scripts/producers, etc probably decided for best judgment to avoid these instances. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You are right, it’s probably both. Ironic since the Raimi Spider-Man movies are romantic and Batman Returns is so freakish.

But star power has taken an asexual backseat with the rise of modern studio filmmaking and IP over saturation. The demand to see the same movies again and again has overwhelmed the desire to see actors express any desire that isn’t strictly plot related. I mean, was Jungle Cruise the first instance of The Rock sharing an onscreen kiss? He had awful chemistry with Blunt. The sanitized, family brand of Disney has certainly diluted the sexuality of MCU movies (largest form of entertainment) so the films can remain as broad as ever. Interesting how the biggest forms of expression and love recently in Disney films have been, like, quick, brief kisses between gay characters, either in background or hardly mentioned… Eternals, Rise of Skywalker..

I also imagine the MeToo movement had a big impact. With the rise in intimacy coaches to avoid discomfort, scripts/producers, etc probably decided for best judgment to avoid these instances. 

The twist in Red Notice is that the Rock is married to Gal Gadot and they kiss a few times in that. It was a little like watching two dolls smushing their mouths together though. For such a manly man, the Rock feels weirdly sexless to me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You have to remember that Disney initially purchased Marvel to appeal to boys, so there must have been a "Little boys find romance/kissy scenes icky" thought process that went into making the MCU films during the Perlmutter era, the remnants of which lingered in the Feige era.

Hopefully Love & Thunder is a refreshing change and highlights a love story front and center in an MCU movie.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

You have to remember that Disney initially purchased Marvel to appeal to boys, so there must have been a "Little boys find romance/kissy scenes icky" thought process that went into making the MCU films during the Perlmutter era, the remnants of which lingered in the Feige era.

Hopefully Love & Thunder is a refreshing change and highlights a love story front and center in an MCU movie.

Capitalism has always been an issue with filmmaking, but the last 15 years or so of studios relentlessly catering to boys and infantile man children has been a cinematic low point 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2