The Wild Eric

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

On 2/27/2022 at 7:38 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

When did I say that? Im only saying he keeps stroking twitter discourse to inflate his ego and position himself as some authority on the reviews and fandom. Like, of course you shouldn't harass critics?

*CUT TO: eight years later*

Just a couple of quick things:

In terms of me disappearing/not disappearing, it's not about getting attention. If I deactivate with notice, people tell me not to do it (or say I deactivated for attention). If I deactivate without notice, people wonder where I went and I feel bad about that. But if I don't deactivate, I get sucked down the Twitter rabbit hole of posting a million times a day, pulling me away from actual life and work things.

In no way do I ever think I'm an authority on reviews or fandom. But I do at least know enough people that I think posting what I've heard is of interest to "my audience" - which is 95% superhero movie fans, and a small minority of them are very quick to anger and lashing out. So yeah, it may be pointless, but I figured it wouldn't hurt anybody to try and jump out with, "Remember, if someone doesn't like a movie other people like, don't be a dick to them!" It's not about being an authority, it's just thinking maybe it could stop someone somewhere from being a jerk.

(Comparatively, if I didn't post what I'd heard about BATMAN reaction, people would have gotten mad about that. People call me an ass in my Twitter DMs for not posting SHAZAM 2 and BLACK ADAM test screening reactions)

So it's all a balance. The point of those tweets was actually to try and get people excited because I thought reviews were going to be really good. I'm genuinely sorry if it just looks like I'm an attention junkie though.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

*CUT TO: eight years later*

Just a couple of quick things:

In terms of me disappearing/not disappearing, it's not about getting attention. If I deactivate with notice, people tell me not to do it (or say I deactivated for attention). If I deactivate without notice, people wonder where I went and I feel bad about that. But if I don't deactivate, I get sucked down the Twitter rabbit hole of posting a million times a day, pulling me away from actual life and work things.

In no way do I ever think I'm an authority on reviews or fandom. But I do at least know enough people that I think posting what I've heard is of interest to "my audience" - which is 95% superhero movie fans, and a small minority of them are very quick to anger and lashing out. So yeah, it may be pointless, but I figured it wouldn't hurt anybody to try and jump out with, "Remember, if someone doesn't like a movie other people like, don't be a dick to them!" It's not about being an authority, it's just thinking maybe it could stop someone somewhere from being a jerk.

(Comparatively, if I didn't post what I'd heard about BATMAN reaction, people would have gotten mad about that. People call me an ass in my Twitter DMs for not posting SHAZAM 2 and BLACK ADAM test screening reactions)

So it's all a balance. The point of those tweets was actually to try and get people excited because I thought reviews were going to be really good. I'm genuinely sorry if it just looks like I'm an attention junkie though.

Your insights are appreciated. Do you dude. And let us know what's top with The Batman 2, why hasn't it it been announced yet???! What about THE SUPERMAN?

Zoe has 7.6m instagram followers.

Black Adam's Noah Centineo has 17m.

Should-be-next-Superman Jacob Elordi as 13m.

Henry Cavill has 20m

Kylie Jenner has 318m.

Edited by excel1

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Henry Cavill has 20m

Kylie Jenner has 318m.

And? 

I was talking about twitter. Random tweets and real discussion with 200k likes all from the past week.

On a side note: Noah Centineo and Jacob Elordi are pretty, but they’re just from (streaming only) romcoms. Jacob is good with his character in Euphoria, but has never been in a film that was released in cinemas. Could have the Superman look too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

And? 

I was talking about twitter. Random tweets and real discussion with 200k likes all from the past week.

On a side note: Noah Centineo and Jacob Elordi are pretty, but they’re just from (streaming only) romcoms. Jacob is good with his character in Euphoria, but has never been in a film that was released in cinemas. Could have the Superman look too. 

My overall point is social media EXTREMELY tilted in favor of Gen Z. Zoe is big. But can only imagine what type of social media reaction we would receive if they cast Elordi as mainstream, marketable Superman (unlike Cavill or Routh who presented as emo and retro respectively).

Centineo has kind of a goofy, everyman energy to him. He will be interesting playing off The Rock.

Edited by excel1

3 hours ago, excel1 said:

My overall point is social media EXTREMELY tilted in favor of Gen Z. Zoe is big. But can only imagine what type of social media reaction we would receive if they cast Elordi as mainstream, marketable Superman (unlike Cavill or Routh who presented as emo and retro respectively).

Centineo has kind of a goofy, everyman energy to him. He will be interesting playing off The Rock.

Cavill? Emo?? I don't think so. Silly old floppy-haired one-note R-Patz? That's emo.

Edited by Fielding
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fielding said:

Cavill? Emo?? I don't think so. Silly old floppy-haired one-note R-Patz? That's emo.

Pattinson wasn't emo, he was grunge. Cavill was based off Edward Cullen. No tans, smiles, or bright colors allowed!

henry-cavill-superman.jpg

image.jpg 

sub-buzz-821-1596782285-21.jpg?output-qu

Compare to how Cavill normal or tanned skin tone:

henry-cavill-sucker-punch-london-premier 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVa_rjxnJzbK0X6u5vElS 

Edited by excel1

7 hours ago, excel1 said:

Henry Cavill has 20m

Kylie Jenner has 318m.

Bruna Marquezine (playing Blue Beetle’s love interest) has 42M IG followers ;) 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 hours ago, excel1 said:

Ah yeh, they’ll get a lot of likes on Instagram but they didn’t show up for Noah when he was in Charlie’s Angels.

GenZ are notorious for being loud and active online, but cheap. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 11:35 PM, YourCake said:

To be fair, they did like Zhao until the drama resurfaced, which forced them to censor anything that is related to her. Zhao is a daughter of a stage actress and a military man, she's also the niece of a provincial governor or whatever. Feige hired Zhao before she got the Oscar so it's not like Marvel was aiming for an Oscar with Eternals at the time either like a lot of people assumed. 
Shang Chi's character had a racist background with the whole Fu Manchu stuff, which Feige already had to explain again in the weibo's online interview in 2021 but it's obvious that CCP still decided to ban the film and SC character nevertheless. 
I don't think Disney and Chapek would give up on China, and so does Feige.

Nothing "to be fair" about here with the way China currently treats these imports -- but "fair enough" -- let's remind ourselves, they don't have to release anything if they don't want to.  They were not "forced" to do anything -- they made a choice, as they continue to do, to use politics and hollow gestures as pushback against Chinese cultural/diasporic diversity.  Even if CCP is banning the film because of its BACKSTORY without listening to or watching this new MOVIE, that also proves how ignorant the government is acting.  They don't even care about details, it's all about posture.  But yeah, it's hilarious how Feige's interview didn't help anything.  I'm sure Disney/Marvel is throwing up their hands, at this point.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, Napoleon said:

Why are scores for WW84 and Shazam so low? Any specific reason for why China didn't like them?

Well, in this case, for WW84 -- I'd say -- "Seriously?"  The movie was badly received nearly everywhere!  They're not alone!  Shazam they probably didn't respond to the western tone/faith/humor and ideology.  It probably just doesn't translate as much as "serious" superheroes.

Edited by Macleod

On 3/13/2022 at 11:33 PM, El Gato said:

Bruna Marquezine (playing Blue Beetle’s love interest) has 42M IG followers ;) 

That name sounded familiar but I didn't realize she's Neymar's ex. 😵 Blue Beetle is stealthily shaping up to be WB's next big IP. They better market the shit out of it.

On 3/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, excel1 said:

Henry Cavill has 20m

Kylie Jenner has 318m.

LMAO this Jacob Elordi obsession.

I think he deserves a character with more darkness than Superman tho coz he shines in Euphoria. I haven't seen the Kissing Booth movies but everyone keeps saying how they couldn't believe he had the range he displays on Euphoria going by the KB flicks alone so I assume he's wasted in those like how Zendaya is wasted in the Spidey films.

Also he's younger than Ezra Miller so a Superman who is younger than Flash doesn't seem right to me.

On 3/14/2022 at 1:02 AM, Krissykins said:

GenZ are notorious for being loud and active online, but cheap. 

The BTS Army would disagree. #BTS4TeenTitansMovieOST