Eric Loves Rey

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

54 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I'm wondering about the re watchability factor. The dark tone of The Batman may stop some people from attending multiple times. Also, the family factor...do you see families clamoring about a dark batman?

TDK wasn't considered a family friendly Batman either but it made 158m 14 years ago. If it's not an R rating, it wont detract from audiences I dont think. Superhero movies open a lot higher in this day an age too and i think the lack of any big event movies near it will help the same way it did for NWH. Those trailers are epic too

• Like 1

I didn't realise this poster was official. It's pretty damn ugly. Why can't studios do good posters anymore?

Anyway, it occurs to me I'm most looking forward to Carrell's Penguin, of all things. He looks like he's having the time of his life.

Edited by Hatebox

Thoughts:

-Covid means the return of true EVENT FILMS and this will help the Batman as it helped Spider-man. The lack of weekly/bi-weekly blockbuster releases creates a much ore special "event" status for the big ones - feels similar to the 1990 here. This will 100% help BATMAN.

-THE BATMAN has had incredible posters aside from that horrible floating heads fan made photoshop. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I didn't realise this poster was official. It's pretty damn ugly. Why can't studios do good posters anymore?

Anyway, it occurs to me I'm most looking forward to Carrell's Penguin, of all things. He looks like he's having the time of his life.

The "90s VHS Cover" vibes from that poster are off-the-charts. I know nostalgia is all the rage these days but...

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Still can't believe that that is Colin Farrell. Wonder if this could win Makeup at the Oscars next year (its better than The Darkest Hour Churchill makeup).

Definitely. It will be among the top contenders. All they will have to do is have Farrell introduce the makeup. Choosing him to play the Penguin is definitely so they have a seasoned awards campaigner push the nomination.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

All the other posters are solid. This is the only bad one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Yeah I’d be in disbelief over that Chloe Zhao script, too 

But it's clear they did believe they had something good in their hands. They sent the movie to a film festival 1 month before it got a wide release, they lifted the embargo early, they were basically putting up an Oscar campaign before the thing came out. They just didn't realize the film would not be that well received.

• Like 1