Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I really wish this film had been ready for October 1. Gotham, and Batman's world in general, just has such a dark (obviously) Autumn vibe to it. When I walk downtown on a dark, cool Autumn afternoon/evening, I feel Gotham.

Maybe a weird sentiment haha but October just feels so right for Batman movies, like it did for Joker. WB did put it in that spot initially so they must feel that first weekend of October is a good spot. Not Batman related but films like Gravity and A Star is Born worked well for them in that spot too. They put Blade Runner 2049 there but not the best example.

Anyway, just a random ramble of mine.

22 minutes ago, Val357 said:

I really wish this film had been ready for October 1. Gotham, and Batman's world in general, just has such a dark (obviously) Autumn vibe to it. When I walk downtown on a dark, cool Autumn afternoon/evening, I feel Gotham.

Maybe a weird sentiment haha but October just feels so right for Batman movies, like it did for Joker. WB did put it in that spot initially so they must feel that first weekend of October is a good spot. Not Batman related but films like Gravity and A Star is Born worked well for them in that spot too. They put Blade Runner 2049 there but not the best example.

Anyway, just a random ramble of mine.

According to ViewerAnon, the movie supposedly begins on Halloween, so October would have been a fitting month to release this. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

According to ViewerAnon, the movie supposedly begins on Halloween, so October would have been a fitting month to release this. 

Ugh, right?

Oh well, like I said it was planned for October 1 (after the original June 25 date as I'm just reading now, which makes sense too because Batman films were always June films for WB before The Dark Knight and Rises moved to the Nolan July slot) so WB obviously sees this too. A lot of dates are irregular due to the pandemic. Once everything starts to smooth out I could see WB scheduling future installments in October. 

47 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Soon you will have one every month. Already we are not that far off in 2022 🙂

At the very least, next year has Feb, April, June, August, September devoid of them. And I won't be seeing Spider-verse 2, so Oct as well, for me anyways. 

I can't imagine the employers/studios/whatever they are won't cave on this strike, but crazier things have happened. So perhaps No Way Home will stay put. 

I may even skip The Batman. This is what's going to happen more and more as the glut continues. 

Edited by tonytr87

On 10/14/2021 at 2:36 PM, tonytr87 said:

At the very least, next year has Feb, April, June, August, September devoid of them. And I won't be seeing Spider-verse 2, so Oct as well, for me anyways. 

I may even skip The Batman. This is what's going to happen more and more as the glut continues. 

Skipping those instead of Morbius? 😶

• Like 1