Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

On 12/22/2021 at 10:18 PM, belblazer said:

I think he will likely erase the whole Snyder trilogy 💀

Other than explaining why Batfleck is now Keaton's Batman in the long game, what other changes would FP do for the DCEU in the long game? Supergirl replacing Superman is needless. 

18 hours ago, RRA said:

Other than explaining why Batfleck is now Keaton's Batman in the long game, what other changes would FP do for the DCEU in the long game? Supergirl replacing Superman is needless. 

Animated GIF

Well, some would argue that they'd have no problem "erasing" the whole DCEU thus far! 😉 But that's another story... I wouldn't be surprised if Flash will briefly help "manipulate" the final act of "Man of Steel", thereby affecting elements of BvS, thereby affecting Whedon's "publicly-known" version of "Justice League."  I.E. dump the most divisive elements in favor of a more streamlined narrative -- and Supergirl will clearly assist in this to a degree.  

I wouldn't worry about Supergirl "replacing" Superman.  What if, in Flash's mucking with the timeline, she just "arrives" on Earth sooner than she would have in the Snyder-verse?  Warner Bros. developed a script for a new Supergirl feature film during the last couple of years -- they are clearly testing the waters here to see how this version of the character will "fly."  As their big-screen Superman is in limbo, it's the perfect time.  

Edited by Macleod

If WB wanted to erase this entire continuity, they wouldn’t need the Flash to do that. They most likely don’t want to get rid of everything, because that would include Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Margot Robbie. All we know so far is that Keaton will apparently be the Batman of this universe moving forward. I would prefer that they just write Batman out of the DCEU altogether, but I guess WB is too uncomfortable with that idea. 

• Like 3

On 12/26/2021 at 5:45 AM, WittyUsername said:

If WB wanted to erase this entire continuity, they wouldn’t need the Flash to do that. They most likely don’t want to get rid of everything, because that would include Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Margot Robbie. All we know so far is that Keaton will apparently be the Batman of this universe moving forward. I would prefer that they just write Batman out of the DCEU altogether, but I guess WB is too uncomfortable with that idea. 

I agree. However, they would be too brave for the suits. Need their 'cash cow' on hand at all times just in case. I think that what many have said in this thread will be the case Snyder films will be retconned.

Making Keaton the main Batman is such an awful idea. I do not see how that would excite anyone. 

I've been such a supporter of DC films since MoS so hoping all of the films next year are good but it's so disappointing that there's no clear backbone to the direction they're going. I guess we'll see how DC is in a couple of years...

• Like 1

Affleck wanted out so WB needed a Batman who people would instantly get behind but who wouldn't at all distract from Battinson. Pretty much everyone at least likes Keaton in this role.

He's also, you know, an incredible actor. It'll take one scene from this for everyone to be on board. Batman fans just love to yap.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AdrianL said:

Making Keaton the main Batman is such an awful idea. I do not see how that would excite anyone. 

I've been such a supporter of DC films since MoS so hoping all of the films next year are good but it's so disappointing that there's no clear backbone to the direction they're going. I guess we'll see how DC is in a couple of years...

Who's the "main" Batman?  You're going to have at least two going simultaneously, now...plus Snyder and Affleck-Bat-fans get a *another* supposed sendoff for that character that they didn't think they'd get.  There will be three Batmen on the big screen next year!  I'd call that a wealth of riches...or overkill?  And Pattinson's Bats needs his own adventures first before he allies with a couple other newer-generation DC heroes.  I think that's what Warner Bros. will aim for.  

Edited by Macleod

Pattinsons Batman isn’t part of a wider universe like Nolan’s.  it’s a self contained series like Nolan. Not dceu. The dceu Batman will be Michael Keaton with a send off to Affleck in the flash film.  Keaton then reprises his role in the batgirl movie and will likely get a Batman standalone movie -sequel to Batman returns as perhaps an older Batman to a terry McGinnis?

Edited by Halba
  • Thanks 1

I had to admit, that.....

Spoiler

The FLashpoint joke in Spidey No Way Home made me laugh. I supect DC and Marvel will be kidding each other in their films from now on. DC already is striking back with the Iron Man joke int he trailer for their Superpets movie.

On 12/28/2021 at 3:18 PM, ddddeeee said:

Affleck wanted out so WB needed a Batman who people would instantly get behind but who wouldn't at all distract from Battinson. Pretty much everyone at least likes Keaton in this role.

He's also, you know, an incredible actor. It'll take one scene from this for everyone to be on board. Batman fans just love to yap.

A 70 year old Batman?

17 hours ago, Noctis said:

A 70 year old Batman?

I imagine the plan is for Keaton to bow out of suiting up in this one and for him to become a mentor figure in subsequent movies. This way there's nothing to distract from Battinson and we get to explore more of the Batman mythos with Keaton.

And if people can't buy a seventy-year-old Batman (as if a thirty-year-old Batman doesn't require all the suspension of belief in the world), wait till they see what this Flash fella can do.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1