Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Do you think endgame is the best cbm of all time

Yes ;) know you didn´t asked me but had to chime in there.

as for the Flash I wouldn´t worry yet, things can improve and I´m expecting it improve enough to get over 100M with great reviews and WOM

35 minutes ago, Durden said:

The Flash, starring Ezra Miller in the titular role, is pacing to open in the $70 million range, according to sources who have access to tracking data.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/the-flash-box-office-headwinds-elemental-1235501230/

This would be good compared to DCs last few, but a big flip relative to how hard WB has pushed this film specifically.

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This would be good compared to DCs last few, but a big flip relative to how hard WB has pushed this film specifically.

And compared to the budget. 

9 minutes ago, 21C said:

And compared to the budget. 

Reported budget is 220m so I’d assume they need about 550m to break even so 70m isn’t great but if it has good reception and decent legs worldwide it can do ok. It’s all gonna depend on reception and legs if it opens on the lower end of tracking. It won’t be as bad as black adam which had a budget of like 270m but I’m sure they’re hoping for better. 

Edited by cax16

Reviews will be critical for this movie.

If it's as good as "the greatest superhero movie of all time" then it shouldn't have any problem holding onto its sales even if its opening isn't so huge.

That being said, everything these days seems to be agenda driven. Very, very little objective information in the media these days. The tracking numbers look a little low but that could change as we get closer to the movie and hype builds up.  It will all come down to how well the movie is received, like GoTG before it, it's going to survive on its own merit.  

2 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Reviews will be critical for this movie.

If it's as good as "the greatest superhero movie of all time" then it shouldn't have any problem holding onto its sales even if its opening isn't so huge.

The critics that have seen the movie have already disputed that notion even when saying they like it, so I don't think it'll be that lucky. 

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Is this why WB basically publicized that cameo? LOL

I mean he hasn't been a box office draw in a LONG time. At least for Keaton he WAS the Batman that broke records when it came out in '89. If people heard about this actor the reaction will be more like "what?" 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vinny2487 said:

I mean he hasn't been a box office draw in a LONG time. At least for Keaton he WAS the Batman that broke records when it came out in '89. If people heard about this actor the reaction will be more like "what?" 

Ya I’m not gonna spoil anything obviously but no one cares about that cameo lol. 

18 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Welp no need to read this thread anymore.   Movie is already dead on arrival according to most of the members. 

Why even bother with anything of the movie anymore? Time to just close this thread.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, TMP said:

Excited to see how Gunn spins this if it under-performs

What’s he supposed to say? lol, if this is a good summer blockbuster(reviews etc) and doesn’t perform then it’s even more reason to reset everything which is basically being done. That’s why it’s good they have some time off after Aquaman. 

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

2 hours ago, Durden said:

The Flash, starring Ezra Miller in the titular role, is pacing to open in the $70 million range, according to sources who have access to tracking data.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/the-flash-box-office-headwinds-elemental-1235501230/

I'm not a BO expert, should I panic?

nvm...

PANIC!!!