Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

10 minutes ago, mredblood said:

Anyone knows when the review embargo lift?

Probably together with the IMAX fan screenings on week of release Monday.

A +95% Rotten Tomatoes score coupled with fan screenings word of mouth will be like a NUKE.

$150M opening weekend

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Probably together with the IMAX fan screenings on week of release Monday.

A +95% Rotten Tomatoes score coupled with fan screenings word of mouth will be like a NUKE.

$150M opening weekend

I'm not going to tell you what to believe, but expectations like this are just setting up for disappointment.  We have enough data in hand now to confirm that the baseline GA level of interest is just far lower, and even with all things breaking right there's a limit to how much the needle can be moved in that last week for the OW

Better argument is for a solid but not spectacular opening, followed a continued, rolling effect from reviews/WOM that creates very good legs (along what looks to be a 3 week runway with only a weaker Indy in the path). Similar to GOTG3, or even Wonder Woman light

• Like 12
  • Heart 1

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

I'm not going to tell you what to believe, but expectations like this are just setting up for disappointment.  We have enough data in hand now to confirm that the baseline GA level of interest is just far lower, and even with all things breaking right there's a limit to how much the needle can be moved in that last week for the OW

Better argument is for a solid but not spectacular opening, followed a continued, rolling effect from reviews/WOM that creates very good legs (along what looks to be a 3 week runway with only a weaker Indy in the path). Similar to GOTG3, or even Wonder Woman light

I respect the data but I find it hard to believe that a Flash movie (he's a Justice League member) with 2 Batmens and a lot of cameos will only open 20-30 million above Black Adam. 100 million sounds too low.

I remember that people said Black Adam will open slightly above Morbius based on data couple of weeks before release. But then the pre sales pace got better. The same can happen for The Flash.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Yeah, that isn't even close to being true. Mario is probably going to win the year.

People love Mario.  What are you looking at the 59% on RT (which still means nearly 60% of the people liked the movie)?   There are other metrics that clearly showed the Mario movie is beloved.  Don't try to play that game.  

As for Ezra Miller's issues, I'm not going to start picking and choosing on who I support and who I don't support.  There are people with issues ALL OVER Hollywood.  If you dig into any production there's going to be actors,  producers,  directors,  writers, etc. that have a past.  

That goes for all forms of entertainment.  I don't truly believe @PrinceRico cares about those issues.  He's not been in any other threads talking about other actors' issues. 

31 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

I respect the data but I find it hard to believe that a Flash movie (he's a Justice League member) with 2 Batmens and a lot of cameos will only open 20-30 million above Black Adam. 100 million sounds too low.

I remember that people said Black Adam will open slightly above Morbius based on data couple of weeks before release. But then the pre sales pace got better. The same can happen for The Flash.

You also have to factor in the drawing power of The Rock in helping to promote the film vs a main actor who is essentially locked in cave somewhere 

Even using the Black Adam trajectory from here doesn’t quite get to $100M OW, much less $150. There seems to be a consensus the product is good, audiences will be receptive, and there is a path for success … just not for a monster opening. That’s the reality, and whether you or anyone else chooses to accept it is out of my control 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, M37 said:

You also have to factor in the drawing power of The Rock in helping to promote the film vs a main actor who is essentially locked in cave somewhere 

Even using the Black Adam trajectory from here doesn’t quite get to $100M OW, much less $150. There seems to be a consensus the product is good, audiences will be receptive, and there is a path for success … just not for a monster opening. That’s the reality, and whether you or anyone else chooses to accept it is out of my control 

Black Adam was also like the first big movie since what, Thor? While here audiences have a lot of other options. But I did hope it would have a stronger start from pre-sales. But I have no doubt it while have a good run even if it doesn´t get that monster opening I thought it would.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeight said:

Brolin has talked extensively with his battle with alcoholism and the instance you plugged out of Wikipedia happened more than a decade ago. You could do better than just repeating info withput context 

Its not comparable at all with Miller who terrorized people as early as last year

Brolin is also a grown-ass man who should know better so it shouldn't matter whether his abuse was a decade ago??? He was still in his 40s at that point lol

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

______ killed DC.

You know the real answer. 

But luckily not all of dc, just DCEU. And that is almost done with now anyway. On to greener pastures.

Edited by Legions of the Galaxy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s not true. You know what film killed DC. But just like the comics, a franchise can always pull off death and returns.

Lol nobody saw Shazam 2 so how would kill anything 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

Excel Sense is tingling here ala TRANSFORMERS 1, IRON MAN 1, STAR TREK, JURASSIC WORLD...

Large-scale crowd pleasing films ALWAYS trend upwards. ALWAYS. 

Nobody cares about the DCEU history if the film is good. The stench around DC was much greater when Wonder Woman opened to $100m in 2017 and Aquabro followed up with $1.2b

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

People love Mario.  What are you looking at the 59% on RT (which still means nearly 60% of the people liked the movie)?   There are other metrics that clearly showed the Mario movie is beloved.  Don't try to play that game.  

I'm not playing any games or using any metrics, it's a very mediocre movie for babies and far from good.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Excel Sense is tingling here ala TRANSFORMERS 1, IRON MAN 1, STARK TREK, JURASSIC WORLD...

Large-scale crowd pleasing films ALWAYS trend upwards. ALWAYS. 

Nobody cares about the DCEU history if the film is good. The stench around DC was much greater when Wonder Woman opened to $100m in 2017 and Aquabro followed up with $1.2b

True!
I don't know, I feel like The Flash is gonna be something special
Wonder Woman 2017 was also tracking around 65M 3 weeks before it launched. 

• Like 1