Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

8 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

That's fair when you think about it.

Even the best CBM of all time is a 8/10 as a movie.

9/10 and 10/10 should be saved for stuff like The Godfather or The Shawshank Redemption.

the dark knight is at least a 9 for me 

Averages work out differently than individual ratings, vast majority of great films on there are technically only 7s and 8s at best if we go by that metric.

I'm just pointing out that the dude shills on social media but in actuality he's more lukewarm (but still positive) on it.

Edited by TheDude391

6 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Averages work out differently than individual ratings, vast majority of great films on there are technically only 7s and 8s at best if we go by that metric.

I'm just pointing out that the dude shills on social media but in actuality he's more lukewarm (but still positive) on it.

His LB review says he gave it a 3.5 because the cut he saw was missing scenes and he'll more than likely switch to a 4/5 once he sees the theatrical cut.

It's kind of funny how this and Ezra were announced a week after the Flash tv show began, and then over the course of development will be releasing not long after the series finale of said show. The development lasted so long that not only is the movie adapting a storyline the show also did, but at one point they were actually apparently going to be using story elements from the CW show (before it became a Flashpoint movie).

55 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Another nice poster for this film.

This one featuring the good old blue and orange poster technique 

I wonder, who does the posters for overseas markets? They are usually better than the domestic ones.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Simpleryan said:

The highest rated CBM on letterbox is an 8/10

Into the Spider-Verse is a 4.44/5.0 which is higher than an 8/10.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is a 4.16/5.0 which is higher than an 8/10.

Dark Knight is a 4.45/5.0 which is higher than an 8/10.

Those are one I was sure of and verified just now... I imagine there are a couple other 4.01 or higher rated CBM on Letterboxd too. I know Incredibles is a 4.06 as well there but technically while a superhero movie it's not CBM

Edit - The Batman is a 4.04 and Infinity War is a 4.01. Also, it would almost be shocking at this point if Across the Spider-Verse isn't over a 4.0 at Letterboxd. It's the type of movie even if just good and not great that flourishes with users there. Flash could potentially start over a 4.0 before dropping below that. That's happened with No Way Home which is now a 3.99 there. Happened with a few others there too... Endgame is a 3.92 right now. Then, again, Guardians Vol. 3 I expected to drop below a 4.0 and with 500K user ratings in it's still a 4.16...

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

The backlash against the marketing is really weird.  People are far too invested in this whole "best comic movie ever" thing.  Who cares?  The closest we have to a consensus on that is The Dark Knight.  Of course there are Marvel superfans who have always felt a way about that but at the end of the day these are just people's opinions.  

• Like 4