Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Just wanna say that its literally Gunn and Zaslav's job to promote their own movies, its not different than Spielberg gassing up the latest Indiana Jones movie or the Bayformer movies or James Cameron gassing up all those Terminator movies. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I feel like The Flash is suffering the same fate as MoM. Both overhyped as something they weren’t, thus leading to massive disappointment among critics and the GA 

I don't feel like it's the same thing. Random online scoopers making up that Multiverse of Madness is secretly Avengers 5 and has Wolverine and Tobey's Spider-Man and introduces the X-Men, none of which were ever true, isn't the same as the directors and producers hyping it up with like Nic Cages Superman and such 

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I feel like The Flash is suffering the same fate as MoM. Both overhyped as something they weren’t, thus leading to massive disappointment among critics and the GA 

I think GA won’t have a problem with it because WB basically showed all the secrets on the marketing campaign, people know kinda what to expect

MOM tried the secretive path which led people to expect everything 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Friendly reminder that at some point Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the directors of Into the Spider-Verse, where attached to helm this but got fired only to release a -seemingly- far better journey-through-the-multiverse movie. 

They also tried a very different Han Solo movie and they also was fired for that lol 

At least they won in the end

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Friendly reminder that at some point Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the directors of Into the Spider-Verse, where attached to helm this but got fired only to release a -seemingly- far better journey-through-the-multiverse movie. 

Are they though?

Also, Lord and Miller weren't fired, they decided to do Solo instead. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I love L&M but we gotta stop giving them credit for things they certainly did not actually do.

Edited by Deep Wang
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think GA won’t have a problem with it because WB basically showed all the secrets on the marketing campaign, people know kinda what to expect

MOM tried the secretive path which led people to expect everything 

Also I'm pretty sure the GA will like this better than MoM as a movie even without cameo expectations etc, it sounds more crowdpleasing.

• Like 1

I think the constant confusion about L&M involving Spidey is because those movies are heavily collaborative (3 different director for each) so the sense of unity comes more from L&M as writers, story-tellers and producers of both 

Not very different from what happens with Feige and MCU 

But since this is the Flash thread, what is making me curious is the fact that some people are saying some of Flash plot-points was weirdly similar to ATSV and since L&M did write a version of Flash, it makes you wonder 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Also I'm pretty sure the GA will like this better than MoM as a movie even without cameo expectations etc, it sounds more crowdpleasing.

Yeah, the trash horror vibes of MOM did turn some people off (which is sad because is easily the best thing about that movie). 

Flash seems all about emotions and nostalgia, way easier to please 

Edited by ThomasNicole

15 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

They’ll probably like this better as long as Keaton isn’t secretly the main villain because he was corrupted offscreen lmao

• Like 4
  • Haha 1