Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Yeah even at the time I thought it was a bone head idea to show the trinity for the first time outside of a Justice league film and not doing world’s finest before bvs? They could’ve easily have milked the franchise but they rushed into everything. Even showing the other JL members in cameos in bvs? Like really? And the death of Superman? Already? It’s like they did everything they could to rush through 10 years of stories in one movie. For fuck sake they even killed Robin before we met him.

Lot of people thought this at the time too. Just completely boneheaded that they thought they would see the same success by fast-forwarding in order to catch up with Marvel. 

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Once again, I must point out that BvS was in development before MoS was even released. Its existence was not a response to MoS being some financial disappointment. They already began storyboarding it by March of 2013. 

I can mostly accept this is true... but then there's part of me that remembers they explicitly used the Wayne Industries logo from The Dark Knight movies on that satellite...

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

2 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

I can mostly accept this is true... but then there's part of me that remembers they explicitly used the Wayne Industries logo from The Dark Knight movies on that satellite...

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

That was clearly something they added in post. David Goyer actually talked about that Easter egg, and said it would come into play later if MoS was successful. 

14 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Blown away by how poorly this has performed. Just does not compute for me. The movie's not great but it's not bad at all, sometimes even flirts with greatness before the third act. I'm not sure what GA is hating given their lack of discernment elsewhere. Part of me is beginning to wonder if more people than we think know about the coming reboot. First Shazam 2 opens 20 mil lower than anticipated, now Flash opens 30 mil lower than anticipated. 

I'm not sure people hate it so much as the narrow pool of people who actually care about the DCEU at this point are pretty over it (given its been announced its over anyways) and this does nothing to change that. The GA just doesn't give a shit. 

Nancy Nugent, The Flash’s supervising sound editor, recently spoke to ScreenRant about creating those uncanny cameos. While the visual effects team used CGI to reconstruct Reeve’s and West’s youthful visages, the sound team scoured YouTube to find clips of the deceased actors in character. 

“It was just a matter of finding out what we were legally allowed to use — which properties, and whose voices, and all of that — and then finding it on the internet and cleaning it up,” Nugent said. “[We were] finding those old clips, and then it was a matter of removing music if there was music tied to it, or just cleaning it up.” 

Because the Chrono Bowl sequence is such a “design-y moment,” Nugent and her team were likely counting on The Flash’s film score to mask any weird editing. “If it was just playing by itself, [it] might require us digging deeper into the archives — if that stuff even existed,” Nugent said.

That old footage of Warner Bros.’ most well-known properties wouldn’t be accessible in the archives is surprising, to say the least. But it does speak to the team’s resourcefulness. Whether you love it or hate it, The Flash’s creators were working with limited resources and tight constraints to bring DC’s multiverse to life. Nugent and her team clearly did everything they could to make The Flash work, but unfortunately, it became an exercise in what not to do with the multiverse.

22 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Part of me is beginning to wonder if more people than we think know about the coming reboot. First Shazam 2 opens 20 mil lower than anticipated, now Flash opens 30 mil lower than anticipated. 

They do.  We internet snobs always underestimate how much they know since it flatters ourselves.  When many people struggle to afford movie tickets they then go online and look up basic details about them.  They know a reboot is coming.  They knew about Miller's issues.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Human said:

They do.  We internet snobs always underestimate how much they know since it flatters ourselves.  When many people struggle to afford movie tickets they then go online and look up basic details about them.  They know a reboot is coming.  They knew about Miller's issues.

I agree that there is way too much contempt for the GA in these threads, but  think these were not the main reason for the fim

s fail. I think a general burn out on CBM (audiences  are becoming more selective, they will turn out of a SpideyNWH or a GOTG3 but say home for others that a  couple of years ago they might have gone out and seen.

I think Miller's issues were a minor factor at best, since DC lucked out in that the status of charges against him were frozen in the justice system until the film opened.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I am not a software expert, but would

nt it has been cheaper to just scan is the actual young Reeves and West the CGI them?

And he has a point on not half assing it. Still amazed in a Flash moive, they did not incluse the two live TV Flashes. If you have TV Batman and SUperman, why not a TV FLash?

On 6/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, WittyUsername said:

That was clearly something they added in post. David Goyer actually talked about that Easter egg, and said it would come into play later if MoS was successful. 

Yes it was. But if you’re planning on having your Man Of Steel film be the start on a new cinematic universe, you don’t include a direct reference to the totally unconnected film series that just decisively ended. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FunkMiller said:

Yes it was. But if you’re planning on having your Man Of Steel film be the start on a new cinematic universe, you don’t include a direct reference to the totally unconnected film series that just decisively ended. 

They most likely didn’t have time to design a new logo just for that one Easter egg. It doesn’t change the fact that BvS was in development before MoS was released. 

11 minutes ago, FunkMiller said:

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

I think was more "We have to get aorund to doing a Batsy confronts Supes eventually" idea then a "We will do this right after MOS" decision. Almost all I have read indicates the decsion to scrap MOS 2 in favor of BVS was a hurried decision. It might have been on the schuduel but a long  way down the road from all I have read.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s going to help The Flash selling tickets. 

I think it's too late for that but am glad they're getting help. Seems like some of the allegations were false or exaggerated but they've still obviously got issues.

Edited by poweranimals