Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Agreed that DC might not want them back on The Flash after what happened with the Han Solo movie. Warners  is going to be pretty damn protective of their DC frachises from now on, and not sure they want to turn one of the DC biggies over to a couple who were just fired for being too quirky and bizarre with a well beleoved character.

Lord/Miller should direct this

They should direct anything

(That said, the most likely move I see for them is possibly finding a clearing in Hill and Tatum's schedule this fall and shooting a Jump Street for next summer before they head into anything else. We know there's a script done there anyway.)

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I actually kinda agree with that. Will they even wanna take on a franchise movie after their recent experience with Disney to begin with? They would probably need loads of reassurances regarding creative freedom and I'm not sure WB is prepared to give it.

They better not, based on the reports from Solo. Ad lib is good and RDJ's Iron Man is proof, but you need a vision for The Flash. I just can't see them as a better fit than Robert Zemickis. 

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Agreed that DC might not want them back on The Flash after what happened with the Han Solo movie. Warners  is going to be pretty damn protective of their DC frachises from now on, and not sure they want to turn one of the DC biggies over to a couple who were just fired for being too quirky and bizarre with a well beleoved character.

regardless on if you believe those reports or not, Flash isn't nearly as ingrained in the public conscience on what that movie or character would need to "feel" like as Han Solo

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Lord/Miller should direct this

They should direct anything

(That said, the most likely move I see for them is possibly finding a clearing in Hill and Tatum's schedule this fall and shooting a Jump Street for next summer before they head into anything else. We know there's a script done there anyway.)

They still have Animated Spider-Man to perfect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

WDAS is pretty cool.

Rogue One was obviously hit hard by extensive reshoots, the finale was a mess.

I also like WDAS a great deal. Rogue One is still a solid B- but the finale was kind of messy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

You guys are so funny...  DC does not have any say here.  Warner Bros. funds the movies.  They hire the people.  "DC Entertainment" works on establishing the story and tone...but they don't control who gets hired and fired.  I think Warner Bros. actually will be very prepared to hire Lord/Miller.  I think they may realize that their quirky attitude is just what The Flash and their "universe" needs a little bit of right now...

• Like 2

I completely disagree w/you guys saying Rogue One's ending was a mess. Imo it was the best part of the film:rofl: If anything, it was the 1st half of the movie that felt a little messy. But whatever, I still think it's a good movie, though. Certainly the best SW prequel.

Anyway, I'm totally down for Lord & Miller doing this. I like all of the proposed names, but I think they might be the best fit (or 2nd best, since Vaughn could probably nail it too).

• Like 2

Han solo is Han solo.Flash is Flash.Can't See anything they are connected.Lord and Miller are not even with Flash now.But the Logo Movie and Jump street are great.They work smoothly with WB and Sony.I don't know What's going on with Disney.That's not one or two guys mistakes.Disney is Disney.WB/DC is WB/DC.WB don't have any contradiction with Lord and Miller.If they come back to Flash,No Big suprise.If others take over Flash,It's okay for me.Jenkins left the Thor2.She joined Wonder Woman later.Totally okay for me.

Just give a director for Flash this year

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Disney only does cookie cutout movies like all their MCU and Star Wars movies.

You had to go there, didn't you

17 hours ago, Macleod said:

You guys are so funny...  DC does not have any say here.  Warner Bros. funds the movies.  They hire the people.  "DC Entertainment" works on establishing the story and tone...but they don't control who gets hired and fired.  I think Warner Bros. actually will be very prepared to hire Lord/Miller.  I think they may realize that their quirky attitude is just what The Flash and their "universe" needs a little bit of right now...

Warners Owns DC outright. "Warners " and "DC" are pretty much interchangeable in discussing management.

I just think that after how divisive Snyder had proven with a original,personald and for lack of a better word "quirky" approach,Warners will be very cautious about hiring another quirky director for the DC Universe. Particularly after what just happened with the Han Solo movie. If they do hire Lord and Miller, DC will make it very clear what they expect and how far Lord and Miller can take their "quirkiness".

Look, making a quirky, bizarre original film is one thing,making a film in a very valuable franchise which is one of the studio main assets is another. Warners is going to a lot more hands on with it's DC films then they have in the past. Whether or not Lord and Miller can adjust to that is the issue.

• Like 1