Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Crudup probably signed a multi-pic contract as well so him dropping out further makes little sense. 

He wouldn't necessarily be "dropping out," it would probably be an executive/creative decision.

...But it sounds like this has all been misinterpreted too early, anyway. 

...I still think it may happen, though.  ;)

1 minute ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Didn't Billy just say that he's still in the movie last week during the Alien Junket? He's also in the JL trailer unless they cut all his scenes out which wouldn't make any sense

3 hours ago, antovolk said:

Was this posted here? EW chime in - Raimi has passed, Webb was offered, also passed, Crudup out...
http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/16/flash-director-robert-zemeckis-matthew-vaughn/

What the flying hell...? Well, Variety, TheWrap AND especially THR are more respected sources. I'm sticking with them.

Just now, marveldcfox said:

Studios still trust Webb with blockbuster filmmaking?? I guess its better than going after Trank....speaking of which....what is he upto?

He is writing/directing Fonzo:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6199572/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Webb still have a nice trackrecord from a studio POV I imagine:

http://www.metacritic.com/person/marc-webb?filter-options=movies

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=marcwebb.htm

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

100 bucks this doesn't take off. Even if it does it goes direct to dvd or netflix or burns and crashes worse than Fant4stic, but we will get some epic behind the scenes info on Trank and Hardy having a go at each other.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

But Flash isn’t slowing down for long as the studio appears to be narrowing its hunt and meeting with high-end directors such as Robert Zemeckis and Matthew Vaughn for the gig. (Zemeckis appears to be the frontrunner at this stage although the situation changes week to week.)

THR was the one bringing Raimi's name yesterday. So I think that Variety's report was the one more accurate: it's mostly between Zemickis or Vaughn. Here's hoping they go with Zemickis and give Raimi Superman. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

I honestly think Vaughn might be a better pick than Zemeckis thinking about it.  Zemeckis is great and all but Vaughn is more acquainted with the CBM genre.

I want Vaughn to focus his energy on Flash Gordon. We need another sci-fi epic fantasy and that pairing would be bonkers good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

THR was the one bringing Raimi's name yesterday. So I think that Variety's report was the one more accurate: it's mostly between Zemickis or Vaughn. Here's hoping they go with Zemickis and give Raimi Superman. 

Never thought about how much I'd love a Sam Raimi directed Superman until this tbh. Now it's something I need.

plz WB, "Man of Tomorrow" directed by Raimi. June 2019. DO IT.

• Like 1