Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

I have a theory that the reason they haven't dated any movie besides WW2 is because they're waiting on JL feedback. If JL is bad/not received well, Flashpoint will be fast-tracked. If JL turns out well, they can take their time.

You could be right, although they have to be very optimistic so far every one of their DECU properties have make $$ for them.

I think Flash will steal the spotlight in the JL, if the trailer is any indication.

On 11/08/2017 at 6:46 AM, UTJeff said:

If you want to know how they'd recast or change the actor for Batman...Flashpoint is a pretty good idea of how you could do it ;) 

As soon as they announced Flashpoint I wondered if they'd get a Thomas Wayne Batman with Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing him again.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gamb1993 said:

As soon as they announced Flashpoint I wondered if they'd get a Thomas Wayne Batman with Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing him again.

They could go that route, but they aren't going to have Morgan playing Thomas Wayne Batman in Matt Reeves the Batman.  And multiple reports surfaced saying Affleck would be exiting the role.

From the promos seen so far, Flash is rocking. Bat was great in BVS too, and Wondy just had an A-grade movie. AQM already has a movie scheduled. So it's Flash and Cyborg that are to be tested. Flash at least is looking very promising. I have a feeling that we won't get a Cyborg stand-alone but him being central to the JL story, he will be peppered across multiple movies. I expect Flash to get his own movie probably with a cameo from an A-lister - Sup probably (cause it will let Sup be part of a lighter movie, going by Flash's persona. Also they both can travel at super-speeds. Sup can be somewhat of a mentor too. Bat and WW on the other hand may get good screen time with Flash in JL itself.)

Edited by a2knet
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, UTJeff said:

They could go that route, but they aren't going to have Morgan playing Thomas Wayne Batman in Matt Reeves the Batman.  And multiple reports surfaced saying Affleck would be exiting the role.

Nobody is saying he would play him in the solo batman film.

That wouldn't make sense at all, to have a Thomas Wayne batman there, so....

On 8/11/2017 at 0:38 PM, ChipMunky said:

I have a theory that the reason they haven't dated any movie besides WW2 is because they're waiting on JL feedback. If JL is bad/not received well, Flashpoint will be fast-tracked. If JL turns out well, they can take their time.

This.

On 11/08/2017 at 1:46 PM, ChipMunky said:

It just strikes me as very odd that they have all these placeholder dates, and all these announced films... but none together. The linchpin is JL.

It never came to my mind that that could be a reason. I've always thought that they were waiting on Zemeckis but it does make sense. And that's the beauty of the DC Universe, something that Marvel Comics tried to replicate after Hickman's Secret Wars - to awful results in my opinion, unlike DC after Crisis, DC Rebirth and even Zero Hour. In the DCEU, instead of going all New 52 on us and following the line of thinking that Geoff Johns is going since he became the head of the DCEU, they'd go with a Rebirth of sorts. 

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I'd imagine the Flashpoint movie will be DC's secret weapon to use to reboot the DCEU universe and recast Batman.

I thought that yesterday. Now I don't think that anymore. I think Justice League is that. How, I don't have a clue yet. But if they need to recast Batman, it makes sense for them to do it with JL now and not later. 

23 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

It never came to my mind that that could be a reason. I've always thought that they were waiting on Zemeckis but it does make sense.

Courting Zemeckis and actually getting him are two very different things...and I suspect that he's ultimately not interested in playing in someone else's established sandbox (just like Matt Reeves...although he is not, of course, Zemeckis-status).  Regardless, Clemons' quote recently was also telling...I'm expecting her JL scenes to be cut by the time we see the film (if not already), until they actually figure out if they'll do a Flash/point film at all, and who the heck is directing it...and if by chance they get a filmmaker of Zemeckis' caliber, he's going to want to cast his own leads...especially if Miller is already attached (but I would bet that even that may be a sticking point). 

Yes, I know that this is simply a whole rice-bowl of well-considered speculation...but what else do we have right now?

Edited by Macleod

I think Flash's levity and persona are unique in DCEU. They need him to balance and diversify their take on the universe so far as far as male SHs go. Cyborg's persona (from the promos) goes in line with Bat and Sup. Flash reminds me of Spidey. Really rooting for a great Flash stand-alone. Would give anything for a Flash movie with Superman cameo.

• Like 1

Lord & Miller are being mentioned to possibly return to direct the DC pic The Flash(though Robert Zemeckis has also been mentioned for that film); maybe Trevorrow will step back in and direct the Jurassic World sequel? The Star Wars director fallout is creating a lot of intrigue around town.

Source: http://deadline.com/2017/09/rian-johnson-frontrunner-star-wars-episode-ix-colin-trevorrow-1202162109/

It's between Zemickis and Lord & Miller, it seems. I'd still favor Zemickis though. 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

I'm good with either tbh, I just want a flash movie, I love the character. 

I don't know, both have pros and cons, in my opinion. I mean, this piece of the Deadline article also serves to what I'd think it's the ideal to the DCEU:

The other takeaway regarding the exit of Trevorrow, it is that when it comes to the billion-dollar Disney silo machine, the auteur director takes a back seat to the star studio chief. In this collision of art and extreme commerce, directors who are changeable are the ones who succeed in these kinds of films. We’ve seen Marvel’s Kevin Feige replace directors of Marvel superhero movies and rule with an authoritative my-way-or-the-highway mind-set that has led to an unprecedented string of audience-pleasing blockbuster hits. We are seeing the same thing with Kathy Kennedy on the Lucasfilm side. We’ve now seen the Jurassic World helmer Trevorrow follow Lord and Miller out the door, which followed the previous exit of Josh Trank. And the sort-of exit of Gareth Edwards, who completed principal photography on the spinoff Rogue One, but it is the worst kept secret in Hollywood that Tony Gilroy supervised the directing of the re-shoots that put Rogue One back on track as another billion-dollar grossing Star Wars film.

I really think that Lord/Miller could do amazing stuff with someone like Ezra working with them. But I also think that too much creative freedom isn't good for projects like this. So my head right now is thinking: who'd likely play ball with a shared universe? Zemickis or Lord/Miller? Zemickis has the clout to do anything he wants, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. In the other side, Lord/Miller were just fired from a project because of creative differences. But then again, Patty Jenkins came to the DCEU after facing similar problems with Marvel Studios, so I think that if Lord/Miller are willing to play ball just like Jenkins did, I'd argue that they are a better fit to this project than Zemickis himself. So let's see. Love Flash too, I was kinda worried if I'd be able to enjoy Miller's take on the character but he's easily the highlight of the Justice League trailers for me so far. Not sure what Flashpoint means to Flash or the DCEU, but I feel that if Lord/Miller are committed to bring a home run - and I think that scorned directors do comeback with a vengeance - that would work within what Geoff Johns has in mind for the DCEU, then I'm all for it. 

• Like 1