Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

King Arthur doesn't succeed because of its writing, it succeeds because Guy Ritchie is directing it and adds flavor to it.  Get Brett Ratner to direct it and you have a significantly lesser film.

Wait, King Arthur succeeds?! Like at all? Alright. After two somewhat endorsements I'm watching this thing. But first... Baby Driver. 

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Wait, King Arthur succeeds?! Like at all? Alright. After two somewhat endorsements I'm watching this thing. But first... Baby Driver. 

for me at least.  It's absolutely not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it way too much for me to downright say I didn't like it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I don't think Zemeckis is directing this. Doesn't strike me as a guy that would direct a movie where he didn't cast the lead and co-leads

DC always had scripts ready and they still changed them after getting a director.And having Ezra Miller as the lead is not bad at all...quite the opposite really.Why would any director have a problem with a guy with Miller's talents.

13 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

DC always had scripts ready and they still changed them after getting a director.And having Ezra Miller as the lead is not bad at all...quite the opposite really.Why would any director have a problem with a guy with Miller's talents.

I don't think any director would have a problem with someone like Miller. With that said, it's not just that, it's more about creative control. There are a set of rules that these directors need to abide in a shared universe and I agree with @DlAMONDZ on that, Zemickis doesn't seem like the type of guy that would submit to that amount of creative control, so although I'd be pretty much over the moon with him taking the challenge, I think that maybe if I quiet my inner BTTF fanboy I'd say that it's actually for the best if he isn't the one directing it. Curious who would be the one doing it though. I wouldn't be opposed to Whedon if would be interested, but I truly don't know what direction they are heading going forward. 

• Like 1

Important that they get the script j a good place before getting a Director. And I’m confident WB will make the right choice. Their recent hires have been great. Reeves, Jenkins, Wan, O’Conner, Sandberg all seem like they know what they are doing.  I bet we get news in the next 3-4 months. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Important that they get the script j a good place before getting a Director. And I’m confident WB will make the right choice. Their recent hires have been great. Reeves, Jenkins, Wan, O’Conner, Sandberg all seem like they know what they are doing.  I bet we get news in the next 3-4 months. 

I very much agree with this. Also, I want people that will actually LISTEN to Geoff Johns. Don't see Zemickis doing that. At least not right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I very much agree with this. Also, I want people that will actually LISTEN to Geoff Johns. Don't see Zemickis doing that. At least not right now. 

I don’t know if he would, but during at SDCC Johns said Zemeckis was his favourite director

4 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

I don’t know if he would, but during at SDCC Johns said Zemeckis was his favourite director

Well, if it IS Zemickis that Johns wants, that's the director I want too. Also, I just find the situation with Flash SO weird. Like, Kroll says that they are meeting other directors, but what if what he is hearing isn't correct? You don't hire a production designer (like supposedly happened) if that's true. 

There are two scenarios I can see here:

The story about The Flash hiring the production designer is non sense (it would make sense since the source isn't really a trade). What Kroll is reporting is correct, Zemickis is the favorite, but things could change after these meetings. 

The story about The Flash hiring the production designer IS true. What Kroll is reporting is actual misdirection from his WB sources (completely unlikely, but possible) and Zemickis IS the new director, they are just waiting to proper time to announce it. 

Either way, I trust Geoff Johns to make the right call, if the upper echelon WB execs just let the man do his job. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, slambros said:

Kingsman: The Golden Circle convinced me that Matthew Vaughn would be good for this project if that is still a possibility.

Is Kingsman tanking? I'm kinda tired of Vaughn/Millar trying to make cinematic universes. I'd be glad to see the man's talents working into DC. I'd actually be more okay with him doing this than Superman. For Superman I'd want someone that obviously always wanted to make a Superman film too, and that's Sam Raimi. Not sure if he is even working lately but I'd be down for him working on that. 

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Is Kingsman tanking? I'm kinda tired of Vaughn/Millar trying to make cinematic universes. I'd be glad to see the man's talents working into DC. I'd actually be more okay with him doing this than Superman. For Superman I'd want someone that obviously always wanted to make a Superman film too, and that's Sam Raimi. Not sure if he is even working lately but I'd be down for him working on that. 

J.A Bayona for Superman

Raimi or Vaughn for Flash