Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

20 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Thor 2 turned out to be worthless trash after they drove out Jenkins.

Han Solo will turn out to be the same after they fired Lord and Miller.

Nobody knows how Han Solo would have turned out.  It could have been great or could have been shit. Nobody knows how Jenkins Thor 2 would turned out. It turned to be crap like Ant-Man. But since Jenkins left we got Wonder Women. 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Warners Owns DC outright. "Warners " and "DC" are pretty much interchangeable in discussing management.

I just think that after how divisive Snyder had proven with a original,personald and for lack of a better word "quirky" approach,Warners will be very cautious about hiring another quirky director for the DC Universe. Particularly after what just happened with the Han Solo movie. If they do hire Lord and Miller, DC will make it very clear what they expect and how far Lord and Miller can take their "quirkiness".

Look, making a quirky, bizarre original film is one thing,making a film in a very valuable franchise which is one of the studio main assets is another. Warners is going to a lot more hands on with it's DC films then they have in the past. Whether or not Lord and Miller can adjust to that is the issue.

Warner Bros. owns DC Comics.  Ultimate control of material rests with Warners, not DC.  That's not the same thing as Marvel Studios, whether people realize it or not.  Warners still call the shots...but most DC fans don't realize this, so it's a moot point.  They'll send Geoff Johns out to SDCC for PR purposes, but he doesn't control the money...he still doesn't have the greenlighting power of Kevin Feige, and I doubt he ever will. 

There definitely seems to be an equal amount of internal struggle (that Lucasfilm/Disney are having) going on within Warner Bros. on the matter of their DC adaptations.  Warners cautious about being quirky?  I think they're more willing to take chances than almost any studio in Hollywood consistently (except perhaps FOX recently with the Wolverine/Deadpool properties).  And these are the people who nearly greenlighted a Green Lantern movie starring Jack Black and a Justice League movie directed by George Miller...and let's not forget, bankrolled a $100 mil. budgeted Watchmen.  I don't think they're traditionally afraid of taking some creative chances with filmmakers.

All major studios are hands-on...and yes, that's part of the interesting problem.  They invest billions of dollars, one must expect them to be, to a degree...

It depends on whether "hands on" means encouraging a filmmaker's creative vision and supporting them...or hiring a trailer company to re-edit a filmmaker's movie...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, raegr said:

Nah...

They can still throw this together in less than 8 months, without a director, sets, time for vfx and editing ;)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

TBH as much as we all wanted it to, this isn't happenning ... Although we should be glad there are atleast 9+ comicbook movie out next year ..

So this Flash movie is going to be a stealth Justice League sequel like how Civil War was a stealth Avengers sequel?

Civil War didn't have Thor and Hulk to save money on budget, so this Flash movie won't have Superman?

40 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So this Flash movie is going to be a stealth Justice League sequel like how Civil War was a stealth Avengers sequel?

Civil War didn't have Thor and Hulk to save money on budget, so this Flash movie won't have Superman?

Nah. I think they'll go all out. Except Affleck will probably have a very small role.

Edited by Heat Vision

21 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

If its the Flashpoint storyline, then superman is in it.

Its a bold story to put to film, the idea of Europe being sunk and London ruling will appeal to Brits. :insane:

Princess Diana takes on a whole new meaning.

Edited by AndyK

15 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The Flash: Flashpoint Movie Is Reportedly Releasing In 2020

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/06/the-flash-flashpoint-release-date-2020/

Comicbook.com I'll pass.

Until WB comes out in a press statement and says here...we are releasing Flash on this date. I don't believe it.

As of right now...I think the slate is 

MoS - June 14, 2013 - 668

BvS - March 25, 2016 - 873

SS - August 5, 2016 - 745

WW - June 2, 2017 - 824

JL - November 17, 2017 - 1.25

Aquaman - December 21, 2018 - 950

Shazam! - April 5, 2019 - 750

SS2 - June 14, 2019 - 830

Wonder Woman 2 - November 2019/December 13, 2019 - 900

The Batman - February 2020 - 1.02

Flashpoint - June 2020 - 1.15

MoS 2 - November 2020 - 925

If WB plays their card right...the DCEU can be a nearly 9 Billion dollar franchise by mid 2021!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, ChipMunky said:

lol @ you thinking Feige has complete power. Disney owns him, bruh.

As long as Marvel Studios is a cash cow for Disney,The Mouse will let Feige do pretty much what he wants.