Eric Duncan

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

6 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Yes really. It's a crappy 90s relic that had the balls to use 'from the producer of Jurassic Park' as a marketing hook. Good for them, because evidently it worked.

As I said maybe it more liked in america cause it started a whole trend of stormchasing here lol 

13 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Yes really. It's a barely remembered 90s relic that had the balls to use 'from the producer of Jurassic Park' as a marketing hook. Good for them, because evidently it worked.

Also it spawned a really badass Universal Studios theme park ride that remains one of their cooler attractions (it closed in 2015, a Jimmy Fallon-themed ride is in that building now).

On 10/19/2022 at 7:38 AM, Torontofan said:

Not really

Disaster movies were very popular in the 90s

Twister was the first major movie on Tornados as natural disasters and tornados are big part of life in america.

The movie had great visual effects for its time

Plus the movie has a clear storyline and structure compared to a lot of disaster movies. Like each tornado was like a character on its own, which i found cool about this movie.

Sadly the Tornados has more charecter then the actual chatecters......

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Real problem is the original is not that great a film.Yeah, the effects are great, but the rest of the film is not. You don't really care about any of the main charecters.

None of them are coming back. Its a new chapter.

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

How is this a sequel to TWISTER if Helen Hunt doesn't return? ID4:2 at least had Goldblum.

It's not a sequel anymore. Earlier details said that it was gonna be about Hunt and Paxton's daughter but I'm guessing they made an offer to Hunt to return and she declined so they dropped the nostalgia bait while retooling the project.

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Real problem is the original is not that great a film.Yeah, the effects are great, but the rest of the film is not. You don't really care about any of the main charecters

When I was a kid i didn't know english or had any "American" context for this movie when I saw it first time in early 00s on cable in dubbed language and find it awesome.
I dont know why but 20yrs later i still fondly remember this which I can't say about most of the out an out action blockbusters from the last 40yrs.
Maybe it was the 90s charm that this, Speed , MiB and very few other blockbusters share but it has a very "unique" place in summer tentpole movie genre imo that Hollywood had never made before or ever since.

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 1