Eric Duncan

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

seems like an odd choice for DC if he is about to become Superman.

WB's involved with both, so it would make a lot of sense for them to be in Corenswet business if he is their superman. This wouldn't be that different from Pattinson doing Tenet-Batman-Mickey17 all at WB in a row.

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

So, no Helen Hunt? Or is she going to be a surprise cameo playing the Aunt Meg type role?

It's possible they're getting her to cameo and are waiting until the movie comes out to make it public. That or Maura Tierney is filling the "veteran" void for this.

Quite the cast they've assembled for this. Now I just hope it's, you know, good lol.

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, IMDb has it listed as being in “post-production”. 

I don't think IMDb is right in this instance. Because we got this in an article about the strikes

https://deadline.com/2023/10/actors-strike-movie-industry-impact-100-days-1235578390/

As of now, talent has only had to pass on projects in potential future opportunities due to their current obligations. One example is Daisy Edgar-Jones falling out of Ron Howard’s Origin of Species because of Twisters‘ production stop. 

And from THR

Elsewhere, Daisy Edgar-Jones had to drop out of Ron Howard’s Origin of Species because of a presumed scheduling conflict with picking up on the Universal tentpole Twisters, which got halted midway through production

So it's clearly still got a lot of filming to come post the strikes

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I don't think IMDb is right in this instance. Because we got this in an article about the strikes

https://deadline.com/2023/10/actors-strike-movie-industry-impact-100-days-1235578390/

And from THR

So it's clearly still got a lot of filming to come post the strikes

Ah so they were halfway through. I hope they don’t change the cast too much, it’s a great bunch of actors they have. 

We haven't seen anything from The Fall Guy and that's still set for early March so I'm guessing Universal will end up moving that to the July 19 date (in hopes that the Barbenheimer magic will extend to Gosling and Blunt's next project) and this heads off to wherever if they're that far behind.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

We haven't seen anything from The Fall Guy and that's still set for early March so I'm guessing Universal will end up moving that to the July 19 date (in hopes that the Barbenheimer magic will extend to Gosling and Blunt's next project) and this heads off to wherever if they're that far behind.

Yeah would be shocked if Fall Guy does not move to the Twister date. And then maybe move Argyle to the Fall Guy Date. 

Might make its July date after all.

Universal is anchoring its live-action summer lineup with Twisters, the sequel to the 1996 hit that starred Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt. According to sources, there should be enough time to finish shooting and complete post-production work, which will include plenty of visual effects. Twisters‘ cast led by by Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glenn Powell and Anthony Ramos.

Deadpool 3, Venom 3 Hang in Balance After SAG-AFTRA Strike – The Hollywood Reporter

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm honestly surprised Twisters has time to be completed for July especially considering a few of the actors have other commitments next year. Of course, they could work around them.

The movie was two months into filming of what is presumably a 3-4 month shoot when filming halted so if they've shot a good portion of the movie (and a lot of it possibly being effects work, making it easy for the post crew to continue working as this has been going on) they probably don't have much left and can get it out of the way before the end of the year. Shouldn't have much difficulty releasing seven months later if so.