TMP

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem | August 2, 2023 | CG reboot produced by Seth Rogen produced | Fourth most profitable movie of 2023

On 8/2/2023 at 6:00 PM, dudalb said:

Bingo.

I think the teen age April damages the charecter and her relationship with the Ninjas, since in the original and the Bay films he was sort of a surrogate mother to them. You lose that if she is roughly the same ago.

I couldn't disagree more. April never came off as a Mother figure to the Turtle's to me. I always saw only friendship there.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I couldn't disagree more. April never came off as a Mother figure to the Turtle's to me. I always saw only friendship there.

In the original comics she is unambiguously a mother figure to them.

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

As I said, I prefer the idea that April is like the turtle’s cool big sister. I certainly don’t like making her a potential love interest for any of them.

The line between cool older sister and mother figure can be pretty thin, if the younger charecters don;t have a mother.

On 8/3/2023 at 2:01 PM, AniNate said:

Tbh I thought the score was kinda Rez/Ross on autopilot. It elevates the atmosphere of the movie I guess, but doesn't really stand out on its own the way their Soul work did.

I think a handful of times the score stood out to me. After hearing SO MUCH good about it, I expected more.

This movie appealed to elder millennials and Gen Alpha, and it's kind of amazing it can hit with two different demographics like this. I'm smack in the middle so the effect was lessened on me, but I still dug it. I'd watch it again before Spider-Verse 2 bc it's not so long.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Morieris said:

This movie appealed to elder millennials and Gen Alpha, and it's kind of amazing it can hit with two different demographics like this. 

Between the heyday of the comics and all the shows 1997-2003 is the only significant time without Turtles on tv.  It appeals to all of Gen Z too.  Only young millennials are in that between area. 

https://deadline.com/2023/08/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-retail-sales-1235519233/

EXCLUSIVE: With the new animated version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, Paramount has vibrantly revived the near 40-year-old Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird-conceived comic IP for another generation: As the pic barrels toward $100M at the global box office, Deadline hears from sources that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles brand is heading toward $1 billion+ in global retail sales. 

By the way, that’s for 2023 YTD alone, all built by Paramount.

As we told you, the launch of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reps a big win for the Brian Robbins-lead Paramount Pictures Studios, as the studio boss builds out and breathes new lives into franchises.

Since 2012 and not including 2023, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles global merchandise sales have amassed $8 billion per industry sources. This was accomplished during Paramount’s ownership of the TMNT IP which they first acquired in 2009.

Paramount transitioned the Turtles business from predominantly collectors to mass retail, and natch, the pic’s reboot has catapulted an overwhelming demand from TMNT fans and partners alike. In U.S./Canada alone, industry projections think Mutant Mayhem, a co-production with Nickelodeon and Seth Rogen’s Point Grey, could exceed $110M. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Box Office Hit said:

Every time I think Paid Anthony can't sink any lower, he comes up with stuff like this. Only people with F- at Math and extra mental illness will believe that Mutant Mayhem was more profitable than Oppenheimer. In fact, I question Mutant Mayhem was even profitable at all with what it did. Streaming and merch numbers listed in the article are pure fiction.

Edited by TomThomas