TMP

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem | August 2, 2023 | CG reboot produced by Seth Rogen produced | Fourth most profitable movie of 2023

Critical reception is quite close to Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. Currently TMNT has a slightly higher RT score, 97 vs 95 (but identical average of 7.6), and slightly lower Metacritic score, 71 vs 73.

Wonder if audience reception could be similar to Puss in Boots.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Consider me pleasantly surprised by the flat-out RAVES this is getting considering the low expectations/standards associated with TMNT as a movie property. Seeing this for sure!

Still another good movie that had some bad marketing given how weak the trailers were?

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Still another good movie that had some bad marketing given how weak the trailers were?

I think the trailers were fine, personally. Plus, each time I had a TMNT trailer attached to a movie showing, the audience reaction was really good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's interesting that Paramount Animation wasn't involved with this.

Considering their rancid output that's a very good thing. Are they even a proper studio anyway? All I've read about them is that they outsource all the work from other houses like Warner has been doing this past decade.

Anyway, these reviews are just what this movie needed to overcome the general apathy towards the Turtles brand nowadays. I'm still not banking on a remarkable opening, and stellar reviews didn't help MI7 at all, but I can easily see this play out like Elemental and barely drop off in the weeks ahead. This has the chance to make the brand beloved again and can even lead to another live action reboot in the next decade or so.