YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

27 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

OG Toy Story and The Incredibles are overall my favorites but to my mind the last 20 minutes of Ratatouille is Pixar's finest moment. 

Peak Pixar.

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

OG Toy Story and The Incredibles are overall my favorites but to my mind the last 20 minutes of Ratatouille is Pixar's finest moment. 

That first third of WALL-E for me. But, yeah, the last 20 of Ratatouille are incredible. The ending moments and animation over the credits is just perfect.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Finest Pixar moment for me is easily Eve and Wall-E's dance. Perfection. 

Gotta say, thats a damn strong contender as well. I personally dont care for romantic scenes in movies pretty much most of the time, but these two robots dancing together, that actually touched me a lot.

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So this is the movie that Andy watched in 90s? May be Pixar could have done this movie in diff style, more like WDAS movies of 90s look.

I don't know. I imagine the animation style isn't the beef people have but more so the storytelling and maybe some of the characters aren't too engaging. The thing I'm most excited about is seeing the animation style that it is in a giant Dolby screening room. These ideas of reverting to a style of animation that's not cutting edge and pushing the bar that made Pixar what they are seem kind of silly to me. I understand where people are coming from but I can't imagine a large number of people want to see a 2D animated movie or a movie that's intentionally boasting some uncanny valley.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't know. I imagine the animation style isn't the beef people have but more so the storytelling and maybe some of the characters aren't too engaging. The thing I'm most excited about is seeing the animation style that it is in a giant Dolby screening room. These ideas of reverting to a style of animation that's not cutting edge and pushing the bar that made Pixar what they are seem kind of silly to me. I understand where people are coming from but I can't imagine a large number of people want to see a 2D animated movie or a movie that's intentionally boasting some uncanny valley.

No I am not saying it is reason for any sort of reception, just a thought of may be could have been done.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So this is the movie that Andy watched in 90s? May be Pixar could have done this movie in diff style, more like WDAS movies of 90s look.

Well I mean... the only way to really do that is to actually have it be hand-drawn and they're not going to do that.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well I mean... the only way to really do that is to actually have it be hand-drawn and they're not going to do that.

do they? I mean we have seen some weird animation style in Spider verse and Mitchells vs Mitchells. I am not an expert but if Computers can do that, I think they can get 90s animation look as well.

The kiss happens in the first 1/3 of the movie and the character who receives it is shot from the back so, like, you know it is a kiss but the way it is framed you don't actually see it.

Dumb people just need to fucking chill. It is a sweet small moment and I am happy it exists. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It's just hard to imagine THIS movie being what made Andy want a Buzz toy so much.

(Yeah, I know I know but still. If anything, there'd be more interest in a Sox toy)

Young Andy had a bad taste confirmed.

Hope he didn't put on a suit with nipple after watching later Batman movie in his adolescence.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It's just hard to imagine THIS movie being what made Andy want a Buzz toy so much.

(Yeah, I know I know but still. If anything, there'd be more interest in a Sox toy)

TBF he got Buzz as a gift and he started to be a fan of the space lore after getting the toy

10 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Updates on the RT scores:
Verified: 91%, 4.4 avg score, 50+ votes
All Audience: 52%, 2.9 avg score, 250+ scores

I know the reception is mixed but that All Aud score reeks of what Turning Red's All Aud score was for bit before it eventually settled back into the low 70s.

26 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

do they? I mean we have seen some weird animation style in Spider verse and Mitchells vs Mitchells. I am not an expert but if Computers can do that, I think they can get 90s animation look as well.

I think I would be able to tell the difference between something that is hand drawn versus something that isn't hand drawn. Maybe the audience at large wouldn't.

But there is a movie called Klaus on Netflix that was hand drawn but used computers for a lot of additional effects.