Eric Lasagna

Nope | Jordan Peele | Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun star | July 22, 2022

11 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Have you not seen any films this summer? Trailer for Nope has played before every movie I saw this summer except Minions and, maybe, Lightyear. I know a lot of people don't have cable, but I've seen TV spots there a lot as well.

No, and that could be part of it! :lol:

• Haha 1

The only trailer I've seen in theaters the past few months more than this is the one for Bullet Train. The relatively light schedule across all the studios this year has resulted in the same previews being attached before pretty much every single movie lol.

• Like 1

What a shitty year for blockbusters. 

Moonfall, Morbius, FB3, Lightyear, Uncharted, Sonic, Minions, Dominion, DS2, Thor... All ok to bad. 

Only The Batman and Top Gun trully shine, i hope Nope delivers because how industry expect people to keep coming back to theaters if they're constantly dropping shit?

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I've loved all the movies I've seen this year. Jurassic, Moonfall, Batman, Dr. Strange 2, Bob's Burgers, Death On The Nile, oh did I mention Batman? 

It's this second half of the year that looks like a drought to me.

I really wish Lionsgate would've moved up John Wick 4 to September. Maybe even Dungeons and Dragons too from Paramount. I definitely feel the former has to be close to completion 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

I really wish Lionsgate would've moved up John Wick 4 to September. Maybe even Dungeons and Dragons too from Paramount. I definitely feel the former has to be close to completion 

I think they are in better dates honestly. 

3 hours ago, Nikostar said:

Seeings ads everywhere on TikTok, instagram and twitter. Even the cast responds to fans about what the movie may be about. Love that nobody knows what this movie is about.

"Thats a good handshake, Kevin will kill people" 

L:ol . wut .   Why snip that out. 

On 7/22/2021 at 11:20 AM, Maggie said:

US was a misfire. Hoping for a return to form

Both misses for me cause his first film there was zero suspense due to them marketing it with every major pilot point reveled to cash in on social movement at the time.  All for the cause of the movement but when I can the exact frame bloused come out a guys nose, his GF is killing him etc.  Probaly the maddest i have ever been leaving a theater because I knew I was robbed of what could of been one of the better suspense in recent memory cause some marketing people needed to spoil it to exploit the racial tension for some sales.